Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:46:09 PM EDT
from all the forcasts im watching it should be past by saturday.. if i have to delay and leave sunday i have no problem with that... will they still let me into the area? From everything im seeing it shouldnt be to bad..
Link Posted: 9/1/2008 9:23:24 PM EDT
If i was driving i would come south. There are nice beaches north and south of Myrtle Beach. Consider Virginia Beach allway south to Daytona. This time of the year most schools are in scession and most all places will have rooms for you. If you don`t mind the drive about 7 hours more will put you in Daytona who doesn`t have the A##hole cops to harass you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 6:20:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thomase:
If i was driving i would come south. There are nice beaches north and south of Myrtle Beach. Consider Virginia Beach allway south to Daytona. This time of the year most schools are in scession and most all places will have rooms for you. If you don`t mind the drive about 7 hours more will put you in Daytona who doesn`t have the A##hole cops to harass you.

i already have my reservations....
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 2:56:15 AM EDT
I'll be in Myrtle the 14th through the 21st and there are two more storms out there after Hana. Bummer!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:28:18 AM EDT
And one of them is already a Cat 4 from what I heard this morning.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:00:04 PM EDT
Yea, Hanna isn't gonna be too bad. It's Ike that's got me worried.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:35:17 PM EDT
i heard ike will hit FL and go back out to sea... dunno how true that is
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:12:49 PM EDT
I hope that's the case (sorry Florida), but from what I was reading earlier, it's likely that it'll follow Hanna's low pressure track.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:20:24 PM EDT
I just returned from North Myrtle Beach. About the only thing happening is people were buying bottled water by the case. Everything seemed business as usual, I left about noon as the wind was picking up at around 1000.

People in general did not seem to be concerned.
Top Top