Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 7:48:22 PM EDT
I'll be in the Columbus area thurs. 8-11.   Have take the daughter to Childrens for some tests and the family and I are trying to come up with somplace to ga afterwards.   Last year my son and I would load up our AR's and stop at the local indoor range in Lancaster on the way home, but the way things are getting in Columbus, I don's want to take the chance that I would lose them to some stupid law.

We should be done at the hopsital by 1200 - 1300 and I'd  really like to find a dealer that carries Aimpoints, EO Techs...ACOGS,,,etc...etc.   So who close by?   I realize this is short notice but I will check back in the morning before we leave to see if there were any suggestions.

Thanks in advance fellow buckeyes!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Vance's Shooters Supplies Incorporated
(614) 471-7353

Address:

3723 Cleveland Ave
Columbus, OH 43224

Cross Street:
Between E Cooke Rd and Melrose Ave

Good Luck!!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The only dealer in Columbus other than Vances that carries Acogs and black rifle accessories is New Albany Shooting Range.

www.nasr.com

It's about 15-20 minutes east of town on Route 161.

Columbus isn't exactly bristling with good EBR dealers, for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
hope all gos well at the hospital, good luck. I will be at Childrens Friday with my son
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#4]
This is late for your trip today but food for thought.

If your up for a little bit of a drive Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware off RT 36 (www.blackwingsc.com).  They have a nice selection of the items you may be looking for and pretty reasonable price wise too.  Very nice ranges pistol, riffle and shotgun (trap & skeet).

Hope and pray all goes well at Childrens.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry about the Children's comment, it's just that I talk about it without thinking anymore because it's been part of our lives for the past year.  So with that I'll explain a little more.  She was 15 when we found out she had Hodgkin's Lymphoma and luckily it was caught in an early stage (stage 2a).  I also have a son that was 13 at the time and my wife was 11 months pregnant with our third child.  Needless to say it was a very hard time for all of us.  Our second son was born while my daughter was in between her first and second chemo's. so even though it was a very bright spot  in a dark time for us, it was nonetheless bitter sweet.  My daughter had four cycles of chemo. at Children's and fourteen low doses of radiation and James Cancer Hospital.  Her cancer went into remission after the first two chemos. and she has had a very good response after all of her treatments were complete.  The trip we made today was a follow-up visit for a CT and physical which the preliminary results were once again very good.  She missed almost a whole year of school but has always been an excellent student and was able to make up all of her work and returned for the last three months of the school year.  She is doing very, very well and we have pretty much gotten on with our lives.  She will have to go every three months for the next four to five years to make sure the cancer stays in remission and after that she will be considered cured.  When we first found out, I told everyone that cancer took my father from us when I was only five and I would NOT let it take her.  I thank GOD everyday for the gifts he has given us in this past year and always will.

At the time all of this was going on, I knew that I as well as my older son needed to do something other than worry all of the time and that's when I got both of us back into the gun scene.  It was to be a distraction but only lead to an addiction once again.  One of my fondest memories when I was 14 was the fact my mother purchased me a Colt SP-1 and I loved that rifle, so I decided to go the way of the AR-15 because it was a gun I knew and after finding this site early on, I realized how much popularity it had taken on.  Since then we have purchased two M4 type rifles, mags, ammo.  etc.  and have enjoyed countless hours shooting them together.  A few months ago he traded his Walther P22 in on a HK USP 9mm and every since I had the pleasure to shoot one of these fine pistols I have had the hunger for one of the .45 USP models.   So.......

once we finished at the hospital, we went to the Easton mall (well the wife/daughter/baby) did, my older son and I went to Dick's and looked around.  While there I remembered that mywifehatesguns had mentioned Vance's and asked one of the clerks where it was.  As soon as I realized how close it was we headed right over.  Now understand the fact that down here in SE Ohio the local gun shops have very little to offer in way of onsite inventory so when we walked into Vance's our mouths began to water.  10-20 AR's in the back.....holster's....HK 91.....BIG selection of HK and KIMBER pistols.....Aimpoint's.....NOW THIS IS WHAT A GUNSHOP IS SUPPOSED TO BE!  

By this time of the day, everyone else had spent their fair share of cash and it was my turn.  My son kept pushing me towards the Aimpoint M3 (@ $499)...although tempting.....uhhh no.  Then there was a KIMBER Raptor (@ $1,299)....oh $hIt...I'll never be able to justify that.    Then finally there it was a HK USP 45 (@ $799)... oh man I thought, that's the pistol I have been wanting and after a little dickering we agreed to a price.  I also got some Hornady .45 TAP for it, a holster, Blackhawk belt for my son, and finally a 100 rnd. bag of 5.56mm green tips.  So all I can say is a BIG thanks to mywifehatesguns, you helped me to get a little more in debt , but it was worth it.  (At least for now...I haven't got to shoot the pistol yet!)  

Thanks once again to everyone for the suggestions and maybe next time I'll have to check out those other places.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#6]
No problem, I do my best at keeping everyone in the poor house.  Misery loves company you know.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top