Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/21/2003 8:41:56 PM EDT
I know there's a range thread and I read it, without seeing much in central Ohio.  It seems like there's a large group of you guys that get together in NE Ohio.  I am pretty new to shooting in general.  I hust got an AR in Nov.  I have been shooting other stuff for a little over a year. I mainly shoot my AR and a Mauser M48A at The Powder Room and down at Deer Creek (100 yards).  I also shoot handguns at Powder Room.  And clays down at Deer Creek.

I would really like to find a club. Are there any in the area?  I have heard about a Picquay(sp?) county private club and another club down by circleville, which are reasonably close (less than hour).  Does anyone here shoot around Columbus area that can help lead me to a club to join or at least check out.

I live in Galloway (west side Columbus)

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:10:55 AM EDT
Circleville is in Pickaway county.  The Pickaway County Sportsmens Club is about within about 10minutes of Circleville, could be the hearing about the same place.   I was a member there for a couple years but have let it lapse.  Nice range, gate locked with a combo so you can let yourself in when you want.  During the week its almost empty which is very nice.  My only problem with it was the guest policy since after taking someone twice they have to become a member.

Some of us have from SW corner have been shooting at Millers outside of Waynesville.  Shot yesterday actually.   Is a little over an hour south on 71 and very informal.  Don't mind if you shoot up plastic bottles and such.   Mr Millers words were something along the lines of 'I don't care what you shoot as long as I get my money and you don't shoot my shelter'  (is a little shelter to one side for pistols at 25yds or so)  Membership is $20 for a year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:27:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 7:28:15 AM EDT by Yojimbo]
tz99,

Tell me more about this Miller's range?

How many yards is it and how does one go about joining?  Do they have website with more info?

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 9:40:16 AM EDT by tz99]
Millers range is behind "Millers Campground"
which is dangerously close to being a trailer park.
Is basically a big field with a berm at the end.

Max range is would around 300yd but maybe longer depending on how you setup,
could setup near the trap house to get some more
range.   Web page is www.millercampground.com though
it doesn't mention anything about the range.

Think that its $20 for the year and theres a 'clubhouse'
with a couple pool tables that you can use.  Daily
charge is $5, pay at the campground office (bear
right as you go in and its a little beat up
camper on the right.

Seinfein, Glimmerman and I were there trying out
my clay pigeon thrower yesterday.. is an electric
one there that we need to figure out next time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:31:50 PM EDT
When I used to live in Ohio, I shot at a range at the Dillon State Park. That was one of the nicest ranges Id been to in Central Ohio. Its off SR 161. Its been a few years ago and I dont remember the directions that well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:15:53 PM EDT
Im pretty sure its $25/year...maybe Im wrong but its either 20 or 25. Heres a good link with some good pics of the range and clubhouse www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=12&t=172212&page=1

Are you any good at pool or clay pigeon shooting? The "girls" I shoot with need some practice
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:12:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By siennfein:
Are you any good at pool or clay pigeon shooting? The "girls" I shoot with need some practice

Says the guy that hurt his leg and could hardly walk around the table!

Your probably right about the price, an extra value meal in price could be forgotten
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:20:54 PM EDT
Count me in...
I'll be out there on the first nice day I come across.  Should I just e-mail the owner to get started?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:45:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
Count me in...
I'll be out there on the first nice day I come across.  Should I just e-mail the owner to get started?

HAHAHA! Like TZ99 said, this place is very informal. You show up, go to the office and either get a 1 day pass or a year pass. Then just drive back to the range. After that just drive back. Nothing to sign each time, no range officer and you usually have the place all to yourself. Bring whatever you want to shoot at with you...we've determined the owner is ok with tannerite Just try to pick up after yourself(note: belt fed messes are exempt).

We going to try to get together again in january for some more clay pigeon shooting. We discovered the range already has thrower there. Maybe you could come then. Theres bound to be a decent day somewhere in january.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top