Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2013 2:22:00 PM EDT
Anyone going to the gun show at the Jamil Temple on Jan 19th - 20th?

I'm tempted to go browse but I imagine prices will be horrific and the crowd will be overwhelming.  It is usually so crowded you barely can walk around, I hate to see it this time.  

That said, I still might go.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
nope
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, reading the posts on GD about long lines and everything overpriced at every gun show this weekend, I'll stay home.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Im going. Gonna try to unload a few things and make some good money.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
i may go. i have a pa63 i been considering unloading.  now may be the time to do so.

unfortunately flipping that money into ar stuff seems to be impossible, considering the fact you cant find any ar stuff.. lol

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i may go. i have a pa63 i been considering unloading.  now may be the time to do so.

unfortunately flipping that money into ar stuff seems to be impossible, considering the fact you cant find any ar stuff.. lol

What are you thinking about for the PA63?  I've got one and like it other than the lousy sights; I did change the springs out in mine though.  Just remembered I've got a .380 threaded barrel for it somewhere too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I might go look, but probably won't buy.  

Utah is not dissimilar to SC in it's take on guns and gun laws.  

My Dad reported from SLC that the gun show was unbearable last weekend.  They had parking for 10000, and that lot was filled, and two others were starting to fill 30 mins before the show opened.

Prices were sky high.  Full .223 ARs were running from 2000-4000.  

All accessories were high.  

Ammo was pricing in at .80-$1.00 per round for the cheap stuff.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you thinking about for the PA63?  I've got one and like it other than the lousy sights; I did change the springs out in mine though.  Just remembered I've got a .380 threaded barrel for it somewhere too.

well at the show would hope for 275-300.  yea its a bit higher than what they sold for a bit ago.. but it is a show and i figured id get chewed down a bit.. besides she comes with a brown leather mil surp holster, and 2 mags with finger extensions.

Link Posted: 1/15/2013 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, too rich for me.  Hope you get it though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yep, too rich for me.  Hope you get it though.

oh well for an arf commer brother i'd let her go for 225.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking about going, but will show up before it opens so I don't have to wait in too crazy of a line.  In the gun show after the 2008 election we saw the line and turned around.
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thinking about going, but will show up before it opens so I don't have to wait in too crazy of a line.  In the gun show after the 2008 election we saw the line and turned around.

i bet tehres gonna be many who think that way, and will thus be a line.

yea it was crazy in early 09
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, it is going to be way crazy.    Usual ones, even when these isn't an eminent ban, are jam packed, shoulder to shoulder the whole time.   Highway patrol has been to all the shows I've been to there threatening to tow people b/c people are parking along the street for a long ways, as the Jamil Temple runs out of parking quick.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Went to look around, there are around 600-800 people waiting in line already.  This was at 8:45 am before doors opened.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to drive down from Spartanburg because A) I don't have anything else to do today, and B) There's the off-chance that I might find a couple of extra mags for the CZ 527 Carbine I'm about to go pick up at SC Gun Co.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]
That may be an understatement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:13:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Those in line, are the people who laughed at people who have been buying for the past four years.  Not going because I've got better things to do and don't need anything... already have more than I will ever use.  No deal to be had, the only reason to fight the baby strollers would be to go watch the stupidity that'll be going on inside that undersized building.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I have an AR I need to sale so I might go tomorrow but I'm really trying hard to find someone locally to buy it so I don't have to go.  I hope I can find someone locally today because I'd even take less so I didn't have to go put up with that insanity!  I think it would sell quickly though.  It's s PSA lower and complete Daniel Defense upper with pinned 14.5" lightweight barrel.  Maybe I won't even have to go inside.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Went to look around, there are around 600-800 people waiting in line already.  This was at 8:45 am before doors opened.

Good thing I didn't go, I suspected that the lines would be crazy.   I love to go and browse, but can't take that line.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#20]
just got back..

standard ar's goign for 1500.00

upstate armory selling plum crazy complete lowers for 399.00
and pmags for 55.00 each

.223 mind you going for 1 buck a round.

FN Five Seven going for 2000.00 consistantly
box of 5.7x28 ammo for 60.00

YES 60.00. smh...

pleanty of ar's and scalpers. folks were walking the lines up and down. it was literaly pandemonium.  cant believe the fire marshall didnt shut it down.  

Standard Used GI mags 30.00 each all over the place.  

few boxes steel cased .223 for 10.00 each..

one guy walking round with a backpack advertising PSA lowers 350.00 and ATI lowers 250.00 each.

Sks's goign for 499.95
AK's and not even nice ak's 1250.00

M1 garands, 800 -1200
m1 carbines 800.

1911's anywhere from 550 up.

my buddy and i got there before they opened at 10.  the line to jamil wrapped all the way around thru the back dirt parking lot. and im not talking about cars line.. im talking full blown people standing in line.  

Pics :

as you can see the lines for both the cars to get in, park, and get into jamil were incredibly long.  it moved fast till you got inside.  
cars were lined up on both sides of jamil road, as you can see, and some all the way up the hill to the hotel, and old shopping center.  unless your selling, and want to try to make a killing / rip folks off, dont bother.  its not worth the headache, time, or effort.
the last picture is psa's ammo shelves at Fernandina.. its pretty bare..
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Ok definitely not going now... Lmao.  You couldn't pay me enough to participate in that madness.  I have a FiveseveN that I would be thrilled to get $2000 for, but there's no way in hell I'm going there after seeing those pics.  I'm sitting on about 800 rds of 5.7x28 too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok definitely not going now... Lmao.  You couldn't pay me enough to participate in that madness.  I have a FiveseveN that I would be thrilled to get $2000 for, but there's no way in hell I'm going there after seeing those pics.  I'm sitting on about 800 rds of 5.7x28 too.

you sir have a gold mine. LOL

i dont blame you for not going after seeing that.. cant believe i did it.. but then agian, i was selling all i could so there you go.
tomorrow will be worse im sure.  except there will be less to see

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Well I just found a buyer for that AR I wanted to sell.  I took less than I would have at the gun show for sure but I don't have to put up with that now so I'm happy.  I don't like the thought of ripping people off either.  I have sold 2 for somewhat inflated but still more than reasonable prices in this market.  I'm using the proceeds to build the ultimate AR . All I need now is a reasonably priced bcg
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Yea I wasn't going for anything in particular, as I'm waiting for my rifle to ship, I was going to look for accessories etc, but took one lap of the parking lot and drove the heck out of there, absolute madness...

On a plus note, at least we know the south loves their guns n sh*t
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I heard some dude shot himself at the show a little while ago.

Anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Anyone confirm?

That might have been the ND at the Raleigh show. I left around 3:15, and there'd been nothing like that. Yet, anyway. As for the show itself...don't waste your time if you haven't already been, fellas. Prices are laughably high on EVERYTHING (probably why I didn't see anyone buying anything). Horribly crowded, and really hot in there. Wall-to-wall people, a lot of whom stood around like their brains had shorted out, and were trying to figure out where they were. The only few people (besides myself) that I noticed with enough manners to say "excuse me" or "pardon me" while trying to make their way through the crowd were the younger ones.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Anyone confirm?

Raleigh show.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#28]
wow.. shot himself? really... thats crazy.. i wonder how crazy it was there compared to here..
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I have an AR I need to sale so I might go tomorrow but I'm really trying hard to find someone locally to buy it so I don't have to go.  I hope I can find someone locally today because I'd even take less so I didn't have to go put up with that insanity!  I think it would sell quickly though.  It's s PSA lower and complete Daniel Defense upper with pinned 14.5" lightweight barrel.  Maybe I won't even have to go inside.

Greenvile show on Feb 2&3. Nice roomy building.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
wow.. shot himself? really... thats crazy.. i wonder how crazy it was there compared to here..

News said two people shot because of nd.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

http://www.wral.com/private-gun-sales-at-gun-show-on-hold-after-three-hurt-in-accidental-shooting/12000843/

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Anyone confirm?

The shooting occurred in Raleigh NC not Columbia, SC.

ND's also occurred at Shows in Indiana and Medina, OH.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Number of people at Jamil Gun show: 10,000

Number of people attending the Pro-RKBA demonstration at the statehouse: 250

...and yet we wonder why our gun rights are under attack.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And it was probably easier to park downtown than at Jamil.

If someone was on the ball like during GRNC's million moron march counter-protest about 10 years ago, there could've been a shuttle bus running between the show and the demonstration.  Regardless, I find it outstanding we got 250 on short notice over Facebook. This is 10-20 times larger than the last gun rights-related demonstration, which I think was 15-20 Grassroots SC people countering 4 anti's doing some street theater shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I was standing with you!

BK

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm more concerned with all the sight impaired gun owners you're obviously trying to reach.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#37]
it is sad that the turnout was that small.  unfortunately the turnout i think was also directly related to the lack of publication.  yes Facebook helps, but its not like this show that had commercials airing on WVOC all last week.  

im glad that we have had much more of a turn out this time than in past.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I happened to drag myself to both. Went to the Rally and left around two
to head over to the gun show. At least when I got to Jamil Temple it was somewhat
easy to park.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I was a little upset that the parking lot at PSA and Jamil Temple were both packed. But there weren't that many people at the State House. I came down with my little boy and stayed as long as I could. I hope the turnout on Feb. 8 will be better. Perhaps it will be a bit better publicized and won't compete with a gun show.

I'm gonna try to at least bring one person with me (hopefully more). But if we all brought one extra person that would make quite a difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top