Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 11:06:53 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/transcript/professor039s-039f-k-you-republicans039-e-mail-sparks-uproar?intcmp=obnetwork

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:17:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/transcript/professor039s-039f-k-you-republicans039-e-mail-sparks-uproar?intcmp=obnetwork

I'm glad I don't live in Iowa...  that professor is a shame on that whole state.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:16:49 PM EDT
Dr. Ellen Lewin earned her PhD from Standford, she is about as much an Iowan as anybody else that moved there from CA.

As for her terse email, I'd feel the same way if I received some unsolicited mass political email. I know the vast majority of people here are Republicans but surely you can all agree that spam is spam.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:34:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AKnGlock:
Dr. Ellen Lewin earned her PhD from Standford, she is about as much an Iowan as anybody else that moved there from CA.

As for her terse email, I'd feel the same way if I received some unsolicited mass political email. I know the vast majority of people here are Republicans but surely you can all agree that spam is spam.

Her reply wasn't as offensive as her "apology".  And it is one thing to be pissed about getting spammed and another to add to it by hitting a "reply all".

Thing is, I'm sure if she had gotten spammed by a liberal organization her response either time would not have been the same, nor would she likely feel any sympathy for a Republican who was spammed by a liberal group.  Both her response and "apology" were unabashedly politically motivated, untactful and frankly poorly written, not something befitting someone who is a professor.  That's the thing that University of Iowa and all Iowans should be embarrassed by.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:33:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SoftwareJanitor:Both her response and "apology" were unabashedly politically motivated, untactful and frankly poorly written, not something befitting someone who is a professor.  That's the thing that University of Iowa and all Iowans should be embarrassed by.

That's true (and fair). I just read some articles online and the finger pointing has begun with accusations tarring all liberals etc Truth is that anybody in a 'Women's Studies' program is going to be pretty useless.
Top Top