Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2004 3:17:40 AM EDT
Overpriced, and they charge you for canceling your transaction... Manager is a jerk, punk army wannabe....  
Down with this store!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#1]
But if y'all go to collector's and see their 60 - 80% markup, then call me to order the same firearm and I get my 20%, we'll all be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a good place to go look at the handguns you might want. Then go get it elsewhere.

They are overpriced, but, sometimes give good advice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:55:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They have always been over priced. Thats what you have to do to keep a store that size and the overhead thats goes along with it.

I'd rather goto Fountains, better price and nicer people. Coz is a good guy too!
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only been in Collector's a handfull of time. They have some great old guns. Yes they are high. But the main reason I have not or never will buy from them is, THEY ARE RUDE AS HELL!!!!!!! When you ask a question. They act like you are wasting their time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have gotten the feeling that they are not too concerned about my spending money there very often.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I go there alot on my lunch breaks to check different guns out.  They've got an awesome inventory.  But, I wouldn't buy a single bullet there, prices are ridiculously out of line with the real world.  That's what a shop close to the galleria area will normally be like though.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a board member who worked for them.

A nice guy, who attempted to assist other fellow members in a group buy concerning EoTech sights. However, after approaching the managment about the deal he has not been heard from since.

Hmmm...
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I go there all the time. buy things from time to time from them. you have to know what you're looking for and know the price. every now and then you can find decent prices. like i found a brand new springfield p9 cz clone pistol for 400 bucks. good deal right there. it was a shame I couldn't buy it. didnt have money. Every now and then you'll find something. As far as rudeness, I don't think any of them are rude. Chris, who runs the "assault weapons" area is a really cool guy.

I don't have a single problem with them other than their insane prices. Like I said though, every now and then you'll find something good there. I wish I had bought that p9.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
But if y'all go to collector's and see their 60 - 80% markup, then call me to order the same firearm and I get my 20%, we'll all be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a good place to go look at the handguns you might want. Then go get it elsewhere.

They are overpriced, but, sometimes give good advice.

this is the same thing i said to a similar previous post similar to this one. funny as hell! window shop there and order elsewhere

i tried to bargain for the arms s.i.r.  there, think they wanted like 600 almost for it i told him that arms themselves had it for  400 and that i was willing to pay at most 500 cash. which would be like paypal and shipping charges, to get it right then cash but they refused and told me to get it elsewhere
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I purchased a S&W model 29-2 in hard to find mint nickel cond from these guys about a year ago.  I got what I thought was a good price and the weapon showed up on time as expected.  If you are looking for a very specific older/collector item there aren't a lot of places to get them.  Their prices on many guns are pretty pricey for sure.  I guess it's a matter of getting what you want and eating the cost and some attitude or not getting the item you really want.  No good solution and a very personal decision.  For me, I got what I was looking for and it worked ok.  As anywhere, buyer beware.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I go there all the time. buy things from time to time from them. you have to know what you're looking for and know the price. every now and then you can find decent prices. like i found a brand new springfield p9 cz clone pistol for 400 bucks. good deal right there. it was a shame I couldn't buy it. didnt have money. Every now and then you'll find something. As far as rudeness, I don't think any of them are rude. Chris, who runs the "assault weapons" area is a really cool guy.

I don't have a single problem with them other than their insane prices. Like I said though, every now and then you'll find something good there. I wish I had bought that p9.

I recently purchased a compact ACOG from Chris also. I don't have any prior dealings with them but its generally known that they are way overpriced.
Chris was really nice/helpful and gave me a discount on the ACOG and I actually got it for less than any of the dealers on the EE were offering it for.

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]
pruetts sucks too.

i went there looking for a springfield XD(jsut left the gunshow to see if they'd cut me a deal)

showed up,  a non-NS 357 sig Xd was lsited at $479...  way high.  i asked if they'd come down on it since i have the cash on hand.  no.  "i'll take 10 bucks off"  thanks but no thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
pruetts sucks too.

i went there looking for a springfield XD(jsut left the gunshow to see if they'd cut me a deal)

showed up,  a non-NS 357 sig Xd was lsited at $479...  way high.  i asked if they'd come down on it since i have the cash on hand.  no.  "i'll take 10 bucks off"  thanks but no thanks.

I don't like Pruett's guns n ammo because they always treat me shitty when I go in.  It's like the regulars they are all buddy buddy too but me they never even try to ask if I need help.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I only go to Pruett's when I feel like being muzzle-swept repeatedly by the mall-ninja wannabes that work there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pruetts sucks too.

I don't like Pruett's guns n ammo because they always treat me shitty when I go in.  It's like the regulars they are all buddy buddy too but me they never even try to ask if I need help.  

i don't plan on ever spending money there.

there was one really cool shop off of bellaire a few years ago but they closed up.  they had alot of nifty stuff in there too.  bought my first SKS there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
pruetts sucks too.

I can tell you this. He wasn't making as much money on it as you think.

Prior to getting my FFL I bought a rifle from Jim and I would guess he made about 20% on it, without counting the overhead of the store, employees, FFL etc.

Thank GOD Wallyworld doesn't stock XD's and AR's .....all the FFLS would go out of business
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pruetts sucks too.

I can tell you this. He wasn't making as much money on it as you think.

Prior to getting my FFL I bought a rifle from Jim and I would guess he made about 20% on it, without counting the overhead of the store, employees, FFL etc.

Thank GOD Wallyworld doesn't stock XD's and AR's .....all the FFLS would go out of business

making cash on a sale is one thing,  but you have to be willing to haggle.  "I'll take 10 bucks off" is just plain insulting.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#18]
man i also had a similar situation like yours, but it was with a beretta 92sf. Top gun had the same gun for like 20 dollars cheaper but i was around the corner from them so i felt that if i could get pruetts to match their price it would be better off getting it from pruetts but all i got was 5 off and that was cash also.

eta: this was suppose to quote kingpinGTI
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I only go to Pruett's when I feel like being muzzle-swept repeatedly by the mall-ninja wannabes that work there.

I don't think I've ever been to a gunstore/gunshow/gunrange where I wasn't muzzle-swept.
To their credit (Pruett) I've noticed that they always check and make sure that the chambers are empty before handing them to the customer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Usually the muzzle sweepin' is caused by the knuckle draggers on the tire kickin' side of the counter.
Link Posted: 7/29/2004 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I will have to agree with Coz on this one fellas.

The gun market is tough.
Link Posted: 7/30/2004 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I've always wondered about this place. Now i know. And knowing is half the battle.. YO JOE!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Usually the muzzle sweepin' is caused by the knuckle draggers on the tire kickin' side of the counter.

that's ok.  they lost a good deal of money from me :)  i don't ever plan on shopping there again(i had over $1000 on me in cash ready to buy that day)
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Just about every gun shop in Houston is this way.  I can't believe no one has mentioned those ass rangers at Carter's Country.  Carter's is so overpriced.  The best place I ever went to in Houston was Gun's Warehouse off Verteran's Memorial close to 1960.  Their prices were always real close to gunshow prices.  Unfortunatly , they had changed hands the last time I went in there and now I believe they are closed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just about every gun shop in Houston is this way.  I can't believe no one has mentioned those ass rangers at Carter's Country.  Carter's is so overpriced.  The best place I ever went to in Houston was Gun's Warehouse off Verteran's Memorial close to 1960.  Their prices were always real close to gunshow prices.  Unfortunatly , they had changed hands the last time I went in there and now I believe they are closed.

Guns Warehouse has relocated and is now in business somewhere in Austin. He was supposed to open a range and rent his Class III stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top