Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
Cold & windy, but quite a few shooters.  200 rounds was all I could handle.  The wind makes those paper plates seem farther away than they are.  I can see why folks are moving to Florida in droves.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yesterday was nice, though.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yesterday was nice, though.  

Yeah, I know.  My timing is lousy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I almost froze to death last time I went to the slough!
I took my nephew (he's 20, full of shit & vinegar), and he went through eight or nine hundred rounds.

*I*... on the other hand... only went through a couple hundred rounds ...
because I had to get in the truck & warm up every 20 minutes!

I offered to pick up deej86, thought he might enjoy it (my nephew lives in the same area in Illinois), but he turned out to be smart enough not to go shooting in that kinda 5hit!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
That's all we need-another Illinois licence plate at Willow Slough.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That's all we need-another Illinois licence plate at Willow Slough.

Haha, I don't even have a car.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow...I didn't realize any ARFCOMers shot out at the Slough. I live in Indy, but my family lives in the Morrocco/Lake Village area. I should be up there this Saturday afternoon, given that my schedule doesn't change. Maybe I'll see some of you all out there.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone up for an informal shoot at Willow Slough?  Pick a date, just show up.   Maybe Wilson can choose a gin joint after the shoot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
That could be interesting if I didn't work 6 days a week at my "9-5"(actually more like 2-10!).Have any of you up in the NE seen the ISRA range near Kankakee? Costs a little, but it's beautiful,new,and BIG. 600 yrds is the longest of the gun ranges.I live real close to the Il border, so it's just as close as going to "the slough"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
For the ignorant savages among you, could you tell us what "Willow Slough" is?

A shooting range, I gather, but where and what features?

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I think the ro's ain't all that bad.  They do not make the rules, but they enforce them.  I'm glad I have a place where I can shoot outdoors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That could be interesting if I didn't work 6 days a week at my "9-5"(actually more like 2-10!).Have any of you up in the NE seen the ISRA range near Kankakee? Costs a little, but it's beautiful,new,and BIG. 600 yrds is the longest of the gun ranges.I live real close to the Il border, so it's just as close as going to "the slough"

Great idea, IAC
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone ever camped there?  What is it like?  Do they allow campers & RVs?  How about electrical?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I camped there years ago. I live too close to  justify camping there now.h.gif
They do allow campers and RVs in the camping area right south of the Main Office near the lake. They used to have electric for every camp site.

I'm up for an ARFCOM shoot if someone sets a date.

Enos is still a town?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top