Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:34:43 PM EDT
Show was slammed packed with people. Parking lots were full. We parked on the grass next to the pool. Same vendors for the most part. Same vendors who usually do lots of business, were doing lots business. The rest who normally do very little business, were doing very little business and had the same inventory as six months ago.

- $599 M1 Garands, same as the $350 rack grade M1s from CMP. If you get your $30 C&R you can join a CMP club like the Beer_Slayer's Gat Pack from the AL crew or join the Pickens Co. Range and order one through the mail.

- A Polytech M14 in great condition, I almost walked away with it but I really want a FAL or G3 clone instead

- The SA Socom II has so many rails it looks funny. Take a 4MOA rifle and add a bunch tac rails and its still a plus-sized 4MOA rifle. Even the kind editorial from American Rifleman would only give it 2.5MOA with match ammo.

- Lots of individuals collecting (not selling) Bushmaster M4 16" used rifles they bought after the AWB ended. One guy: "I'm asking $1,195" So where to counter that? $395?

- What are those .22LR Walther bullpups besides pieces of crap? Longer than an M4 with a 16" bbl, 10 round mags only, no threads on the bbl...

- What are those CAI FALs? I'm hesitant to buy anything with a CAI digitized rollmark.

- GA Arms 9mm 147gr +P Gold Dots with the Ni cases were up 50 cents to $15/50. My carry ammo, so I was sad to see the increase.

- Several 9mm ARs and AR pistols, even a carbon fiber AR pistol. Are the barrel length and pistol conversion laws in this country messed up or what?

- SA Mil-spec 1911's are up to $499

- My friend bought an ammo can from the ammo can guy. In three years of gun shows I've never, ever seen anyone buy an ammo can from the ammo can guy, but he's always there. My friend didn't want my stickered, sharpied ammo cans for free.

- The JERKY was back hoo-ray!

- My search for a 70 series Colt shooter (not a collector) goes on. I do not want an unfired gun. I want a used gun that hasn't been riced by its previous owners.

- Cyalume glowsticks for $1 are great entertainment for the kids after dusk, and make the wife forgive you for ditching her with the kids to go to the gun show with your friends.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Call me!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I went and didn't find anything I was looking for. I bought my 9 yr old a trilobite fossil. Does anybody know where I can find a shotgun sling that has 12 ga loops for extra shells? I was also looking for a decent used Browning Buckmark.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
- Several 9mm ARs and AR pistols, even a carbon fiber AR pistol. Are the barrel length and pistol conversion laws in this country messed up or what?

I think the barrel length laws are pointless. Other than concealibility, can anyone here provide any information on why the laws were created? (Specifically, the barrel length laws.)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the barrel length laws are pointless. Other than concealibility, can anyone here provide any information on why the laws were created? (Specifically, the barrel length laws.)

I think concealibility is the only reason...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I went as well, and other than being unable to walk around, i didnt find any deals..........the SOCOM weighs a ton, and that lady selling mags wanted 75 bucks for Colt 9mm 32 rd mags......no thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#6]
How much was the M14?  I have been thinking about getting an M1a; the springfield squad/scout or whatever it's called kind of apealed to me....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
i was able to pick up several items i have long wanted...........a pair of scissors, tweezers and head band magnifiying glasses.  otherwise same stuff.......still had fun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I didnt get to go...Any of u guys spot the new Yugo M70 Underfolder AK? If so, price?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

- My friend bought an ammo can from the ammo can guy. In three years of gun shows I've never, ever seen anyone buy an ammo can from the ammo can guy, but he's always there. My friend didn't want my stickered, sharpied ammo cans for free.

oops, I bought some ammo cans from the vendor
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Speedfreak and I went, and were pretty disappointed.  I bought a Spyderco and one AK mag.   We both wanted 7.62x39 ammo and there was NONE there on Sunday.  One guy had a side-folder AK stock that I would've liked but since it was in a box loose with a bunch of miscellaneous parts, I expected to pay less than $20 ABOVE the going price.  When he told me $70 I thought about making a comment about the new surplus ones for $49.95, but I thought I'd be a good guy and just leave.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I didnt get to go...Any of u guys spot the new Yugo M70 Underfolder AK? If so, price?

I didn't see any of the Yugo AK's. I did see a Polytech for around $1750.

Check here for the Yugo's for a good price... ($395)

SOG

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How much was the M14?  I have been thinking about getting an M1a; the springfield squad/scout or whatever it's called kind of apealed to me....

From what I could understand he wanted over $900 for it. Not what I was looking for, but from what I've read still a better deal than the SA offerings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Eastman got his last dollar from me.  He had that sign up that stated no person-to-person sales, and that if someone wants to do that he can buy a table.  That attitude is not for me.  It appears that Eastman is trying to get fatter by getting a cut on every deal done at HIS gunshow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Eastman got his last dollar from me.  He had that sign up that stated no person-to-person sales, and that if someone wants to do that he can buy a table.  That attitude is not for me.  It appears that Eastman is trying to get fatter by getting a cut on every deal done at HIS gunshow.

I missed that sign..........oh well, I just won't sell anything by the door then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top