Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 7:50:31 AM EDT
Looking to escape NJ, but I am torn between having the best and worst of both worlds.  Granted our gun laws suck and the state is in the shitter, but I live 100 yards from the beach and 25 minutes away from my current range which facilities include 50 yard pistol, 70 yard utility (anything legal goes) 100 yard rifle and a 600 yard rifle graduated at 100 yard intervals.

I would like to relocate to a coastal area of the Carolinas.  I searched the link for ranges in the states but did not find anything suitable.  Am I missing something?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#2]
there are two indoor shooting ranges in the myrtle beach, murrells inlet area of SC, i work at the one in MB...25 yd max, rifle and pistol. Outdoor range in Aynor, Membership required, however it is open to the public for Cowboy Action and USPSA matches every month. USPSA match, first sunday every month, not sure when the cowboy shoots are.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I  lived on Topsail Island (NC) last fall/winter.  I had to trek a little bit to shoot, but not too much worse than any place else I've lived.  I shot pistol and 9mm AR indoors at Shooter's Choice in Wilmington.  For outdoors, I headed out to Flatwoods Gun Shop & Range.  Pistol/rifle outdoors to 200 yards.  

That said, I'd love to find a place to do some "unstructured" shooting nearby.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#4]
hehe heI live in Morehead City, I have a nice little secret spot out to 3-700 yards of "unstructured" shooting area.
Its on State property and as long as it aint hunting season you can do what you want !
Tennerite may be the only thing that may be an issue, unless you cannot hear it go off 2-3 miles away.
Lotsa bug spray needed though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top