Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:03:34 AM EDT
Like the title says, where's the closest place to hunt boar? The closer the better, but I'm willing to drive up to 12 hours for a good boar hunt.

Anyone with their own recommendations/experiences, please feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are willing to drive 12 hours, seems like it would be just as cost effective to fly to TX where you can usually hunt for piggies pretty cheap.  Check out that option, as any of the ranches in the NE would be expensive given they raise the pigs.  Maybe you are talking about hunting them where they are naturally occuring, if so disregard above.  

Good luck and have fun shootin' them fat bastards!

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
www.hunt-tioga.com

I went there last spring. It was my first boar hunt. I had a good time. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Enfield NH area is one place but unless you are a local/land owner, you are probably SOL (unless you are super wealthy and can hunt the Crystal Mountain preserve). The wild boar population is descended from escapees from Crystal Mountain - I have seen some big ones!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top