Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2005 10:37:54 AM EDT
I live in Tyler and can't find any local shops that carry parts for AR's any shops close to this area that you guys can tell me about that might have basic parts?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I order most of my parts onlne or pick them up at shows in Dallas.  Even the gunshows in Tyler are pretty light on AR parts.

If you find anyplace with a good supply let us know.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Check the Model 1 thread above.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I live in Tyler and can't find any local shops that carry parts for AR's any shops close to this area that you guys can tell me about that might have basic parts?

If you don't mind driving to Greenville - just west of Greenville (Caddo Mills) right off I-30 there is Ammo Depot #2 - he usually has a few ARs and related parts, receivers, etc. Prices are OK.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not real happy with Model 1 right now, ran into some problems with them and am feeling screwed now.  I ordered an M4 barrel, got a standard, sent the M4 back at my expense, was told that they would complete the A2 FSB with detent, spring and sight post to make up on return shipping, had to email them to remind them that I wanted the M4, got it in and had the sight post but no spring or detent.  So, I ordered online to have them ship me a detent, spring and sight tool.....well have gotten no response and they still haven't processed the order!  So....If anyone else can tell me where I can pick up a detent, detent spring and the sight tool please give me an idea.  I have not had any luck for parts in this area!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a shop in tyler that makes all the bigtown shows, dont know the name, i got a lower from them and got the idea that they ass. them in house[pwa] .they always have lowers at the gunshows, maybe they stock parts too? later, wayne B.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:54:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Bills Gunshop on Hwy14 north of the loop about 1/2mi on right. They stock RRA lowers and some other parts. They keep irregular hours because of gunshows put they post these hours on the door. Pretty good guys.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I do believe thats the one, thanks.[hell gettin old]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Problem is....Bill's went out of business 2-3 years ago....I think I am going to give ADCO a call...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Problem is....Bill's went out of business 2-3 years ago....I think I am going to give ADCO a call...

In which case the three RRA lowers I bought last year don't exist ?

ADCO is a great outfit but hardly local.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Not saying he isn't working out of his house,  but the buisness went out of business 2-3 years ago.  I work patrol in the area where his shop was and his business is closed down, signs removed etc,  now it is a junk yard.. Would be glad to send you a picture if you doubt me! Allison
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Tyler is difficult for AR parts.

Internet order is the best way to go or drive
to the big Dallas shows.  Great Guns on 31West
has a fair supply of stuff, light od ARs though.  Out
of principle I stay away from yuppieville Lock'n'Load.

Many of the Dealers on the Equipement Exchange are
great guys to deal with and I have ordered from several
of them with great service and great prices.  Take a peek
at the EE and see what's for sale.

D
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#12]
ADCO charges $4 flat fee for shipping. That's the price of gas for anywhere you could drive in ETX. They have all the small parts in stock, RRA quality stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top