Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 6:08:54 AM EDT
I just bought a new Anschutz rifle that is covers in a sticky grease type coating much like cosmiline but does not smell like coz. Any recommendations on what to use for the first wipe down? In the past I have just used Hoppes #9 on a clean rag.

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just bought a new Anschutz rifle that is covers in a sticky grease type coating much like cosmiline but does not smell like coz. Any recommendations on what to use for the first wipe down? In the past I have just used Hoppes #9 on a clean rag.

Thanks

Really hot water or boiling water. Should melt right off. Use caution on wood surfaces. Use a lower temp of hot for wood. You might need to re oil the stock with tounge oil.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really hot water or boiling water. Should melt right off. Use caution on wood surfaces. Use a lower temp of hot for wood. You might need to re oil the stock with tounge oil.

Wood?

Todd, you know me. have you ever seem me with wood on my rifles?(other than the grips on the 45's) I bought the 1918 precise stock (nice and shinny so the glare will distract my competition)

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wood?

Todd, you know me. have you ever seem me with wood on my rifles?(other than the grips on the 45's) I bought the 1918 precise stock (nice and shinny so the glare will distract my competition)

I have been meaning to ask you. Have you shot the rifle I cut and crowned for you? How does it shoot? Do you like the stock work?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been meaning to ask you. Have you shot the rifle I cut and crowned for you? How does it shoot? Do you like the stock work?

I have no idea. Someone bought it off me before I could shoot it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no idea. Someone bought it off me before I could shoot it.

I hope you made money off it?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope you made money off it?

34% return on investment.
(mainly because of the upgrades you performed) Thanks again.

Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top