Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2004 4:29:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 4:34:17 PM EST by Shi_Huang_Di]
How often do you guys clean magazines? Or do you just wipe them down and go? AND I know some are thinking “clean mags…is he drunk?” I only clean them when I first get them, but I am thinking I will tear them down this winter.

Just wondering?

(edit - not drunk yet...just type like I am)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:00:09 PM EST
I only clean my magazines when the pages start sticking together and then all I do is just wipe them down with a clean sock.

Oh, wait, do you mean rifle mags? Umm... can't say I ever have....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:43:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By GaryM:
I only clean my magazines when the pages start sticking together and then all I do is just wipe them down with a clean sock.

Oh, wait, do you mean rifle mags? Umm... can't say I ever have....

Bwahahahahaa! Oh and ewww...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:13:27 AM EST
well im crazy, i do mine everty time i shoot. now before you say thats over board let me explain.
i do this every time:
i use 1 silicon gun rag, those great things sold buy outters or other compaines, sportsmanguide gas them in a 3 pack cheap. i use this to wipe down the mag boide. i do this every time. i do not use oil or clp on my mgs will collect dust/dirt.
i do this once a year
i take all my mags appart and clean them inside and out, check follwer for wear and also put in new springs if needed.
this is rifel. pistol is difeernt, i do the same but instaed of a year its every six months.
Ronald
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:11:14 AM EST
I thought about getting a bucket of that dunk stuff and giving that a shot.
Top Top