Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 7:12:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/18/2009 12:57:51 AM EST by Maryland_Shooter]
Yup - I gave the owner a completed Form 4 and was paid in full on 2/26/09.

I checked with the ATF today and they told me they received the application on 3/23/09

Can anybody think of a valid reason why this might happen?

What conclusion might I draw from the 27 day lag between when I was ready to mail?

Thanks

ETA: Tile change
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:11:05 AM EST
The ATF is not your friend.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:37:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
The ATF is not your friend.

I can certainly see that pretty clearly - patience is somethng I'll have to work on.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:05:56 AM EST
Keep your shirt on. My last transfer sat at MSP for three months BEFORE I could even send my Form 4 to the feds. Patience is the name f the game with CIII stuff.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:58:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By wreckdiver:
Keep your shirt on. My last transfer sat at MSP for three months BEFORE I could even send my Form 4 to the feds. Patience is the name f the game with CIII stuff.

I am getting that message from all over, so I think I will take the good advice and relax. Thanks men.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:10:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 1:14:03 PM EST by JeepDriver]
More public bashing I see

What conclusion might I draw from the 27 day lag between when I was ready to mail?

As I have already told you. First off the forms do not go directly to the WV branch for processing. They go to GA first for them to take the money, they are then fowarded to WV for processing.

I have done 13 personal transfers, I know a little about the waiting. Been there, Done that. Easiest way to forget about it is to buy another NFA item.

For those who don't know, I work there 2 nights a week, part time. I work there only becasue I get freee transfers, buy guns, ammo and accessories at cost, and get to shoot when ever I want for free. I see NFA virgins a lot working there, these complaints come up on a regular basis. More and more as ATF wait times grow.

I generally could care less if someone bad mouths them. I am not speaking for them, nor am I defending them. I still get my benifits no matter what.

edit: damn fat fingers
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:20:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By JeepDriver:

As I have already told you. First off the forms do not go directly to the WV branch for processing. They go to GA first for them to take the money, they are then fowarded to WV for processing.

I have done 13 personal transfers, I know a little about the waiting. Been there, Done that. Easiest way to forget about it is to buy another NFA item.

For those who don't know, I work there 2 nights a week, part time. I work there only becasue I get freee transfers, buy guns, ammo and accessories at cost, and get to shoot when ever I want for free. I see NFA virgins a lot working there, these complaints come up on a regular basis. More and more as ATF wait times grow.

I generally could care less if someone bad mouths them. I am not speaking for them, nor am I defending them. I still get my benifits no matter what.

No bashing - just asking. And as you see they all told me to shut up and wait - which is what I am doing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:22:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By JeepDriver:

I think you are right - SBR time I think!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:21:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 11:23:36 PM EST by RavensD]
Just wanted to say I've done a few transfers with Chad, he was nothing but helpful and everything went smooth as butter. I just wish I could afford more stuff.

I would put this at mdshooters as well but I was perma-banned (lol)
Top Top