Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2013 6:47:10 PM EDT
I have a valid ccw license for Nevada and I am from the Reno area.  I have heard from multiple people that even though I have a ccw, I cannot carry in Clark County.  I have also heard that if I do, I have to contact the Sheriff to let them know that I am ccw'ing in clark county.
 If somebody knows what the truth is, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 7:02:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2013 7:03:10 PM EDT by javelinahunter]
oh Jesus tap dancing Christ....... your NV permit is good in the ENTIRE state of Nevada.  Quit listening to those idiots.

You do NOT have to inform the sheriff of anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 11:07:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By javelinahunter:
oh Jesus tap dancing Christ....... your NV permit is good in the ENTIRE state of Nevada.  Quit listening to those idiots.

Seriously wtf.  How do those crazy rumors get started?
Link Posted: 4/18/2013 11:23:38 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 11:23:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1337-G:

Seriously wtf.  How do those crazy rumors get started?

Link Posted: 4/18/2013 11:28:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By neverenoughtoys:
I have a valid ccw license for Nevada and I am from the Reno area.  I have heard from multiple people that even though I have a ccw, I cannot carry in Clark County.  I have also heard that if I do, I have to contact the Sheriff to let them know that I am ccw'ing in clark county.
 If somebody knows what the truth is, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

You are from Reno, and you have a Nevada CCW Permit and you don't know Statewide Law?

Where did you get your CCW training at?

Really... WTF.

Link Posted: 4/19/2013 8:41:24 AM EDT
I live in clark county and as a clark county resident I am required to register my pistols with metro within a certain time frame.

That requirement does not apply to people that reside outside of clark county.

I can only imagine this rumor you heard is some sort of perversion of that law.
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 11:20:13 AM EDT
In Nevada, CCWs are governed by NRS 202.3653 – NRS 202.369.  There is nothing – repeat nothing – in these NRSs that exempts Clark County or states that these statutes are not valid in Clark County.  In Nevada, per these statutes, any Nevada CCW issued by any County Sheriff or the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department is valid anywhere within the State of Nevada, period.

I live in a very rural part of Nevada and go the Las Vegas are often on business.  Because of my regular visits, I know that Clark County – especially Las Vegas – thinks that they are very special and the rest of Nevada does not exist and state CCW statutes do not apply to them – they are Las Vegas ya know!  Wrong!  Like it or not, said statutes apply to Clark County too!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2013 11:20:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Obo2:
I live in clark county and as a clark county resident I am required to register my pistols with metro within a certain time frame.

That requirement does not apply to people that reside outside of clark county.

I can only imagine this rumor you heard is some sort of perversion of that law.

I agree 100-percent!  

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 9:13:58 PM EDT
You need to punch whoever told you that. Seriously.. in the face.
Top Top