Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:39:33 AM EDT
I bought a gun there that would not fire. It was a used Llama 1911. Yea I know its junk anyway but thats not the point. There policy is that they will repair any damaged items bought from them at no charge to the customer for up to a year.

My question is how long should I expect to wait. It should not have taken more than a week for them to order and get the part if they could find it. I order parts for my weapons all the time and they usually arrive in 3 days if they are in stock.

I wonder if they are putting my weapon on the back burner to paying customers. I called and an uninterested guy told me they have not got to it yet. Thats it. Thanks alot buddy. I want my damn gun back in working order.

Oh well I guess I just have to wait. has anyone had any goood/bad exp with Clark Brothers?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I should have NEVER bought that gun from them in the first place. That very same day I bought that gun I was at VA arms looking at a Yugo Mauser that was only $225. Guess how much I paid for that crappy pistol??? $230 and some change, the pistol was $199 plus 2 mags and a holster for my G17 THAT I BOUGHT FROM VA ARMS. DAMN I feel like an idiot.

I should stop by VA arms after work and apologize for not buying from them like I usually do.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I should have NEVER bought that gun from them in the first place. That very same day I bought that gun I was at VA arms looking at a Yugo Mauser that was only $225. Guess how much I paid for that crappy pistol??? $230 and some change, the pistol was $199 plus 2 mags and a holster for my G17 THAT I BOUGHT FROM VA ARMS. DAMN I feel like an idiot.

I should stop by VA arms after work and apologize for not buying from them like I usually do.

Sounds like you've come to grips with your mistake.   Don't stray again.

Lesson learned here everyone: Clark Brothers is teh ghey.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Here at VA Arms we stand behind all firearms sold here new and used as long as were in business.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The only things I buy at Clark Brothers are powder and primers.  Of course, that's only when I'm out that way and when Gander Mountain didn't have what I needed.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#5]
id say a few good weeks is fair 3 at best and they should be looking at it. Did you ask them to get right on it because you needed it for ccw or to take to the range on?????? what ever date?  give them a few weeks if it is not ready tell them you would like to trade it in and would like the value you paied them for it. just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here at VA Arms we stand behind all firearms sold here new and used as long as were in business.

I hope that is MANY, MANY years.  Y'all have the best shop in NoVA and possibly all of VA.  It would be a great loss to us all if you ever closed up shop.  By the way, how's Bernie healing up from his wreck?  MJD
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The only things I buy at Clark Brothers are powder and primers.  Of course, that's only when I'm out that way and when Gander Mountain didn't have what I needed.  MJD

You sir should know better then to buy from Gander Mountain.  Haven't you learned your lesson

DRUFF
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#8]
<sign>  

I remember when Clark Bros. was a decent place to shop – esp. for used firearms.  I used to go there almost every weekend.

Granted, that was twenty years ago.

Nowadays I wonder how they even stay in business.

I know in the past they’ve had problems getting/keeping a gunsmith.  Add to that the fact that Llama is long since out of business and maybe that explains why things are a bit slow.

If it’s really bothering you, simply insist they either repair it or refund your money.  That might get things going.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Clark Brothers blows chunks...

IMHO, of course...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:05:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

OK Robb...Keep making promises for all of us.  I don't stand behind the junk you sell...just the cool guns I sell!!!

BTW: Thanks for the vest...will see you Wednesday and settle up real soon.

JT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Not making an excuse for Clark Brothers poor service but I own one of these Llama 1911 copies in .40 Short&Weak for about 7 years and lately getting parts is tough. I waited 2 months for a Hammer and Mag spring from the current parts distributor.
Just my two cents.

Llama-Bersa-Firestorm Parts
SGS Importers International, inc.
1750 BRIELLE AVE. UNIT B-1, WANAMASSA, NJ 07712
Tel: 732-493-0302
Fax: 732-493-0301
http://www.bersa-llama.com/llama_about.html
E-Mail: [email protected]

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I know you guys do and I am SORRY I did not buy that Mauser you guys had there that day. You can bet my next purchase will be from VA arms.

Do you guys have any Springfield Armory 1911 Models?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:47:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
BTW: Thanks for the vest...will see you Wednesday and settle up real soon.

JT

No problem, Oh I have pics of the lowers you keep asking about too.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you guys do and I am SORRY I did not buy that Mauser you guys had there that day. You can bet my next purchase will be from VA arms.

Do you guys have any Springfield Armory 1911 Models?

I think we have at least 1 SA 1911 in stock.  We just got a used/consignment unissued Mauser as well (very nice).
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir should know better then to buy from Gander Mountain.  Haven't you learned your lesson

DRUFF

I only go there to get stuff I can't get anywhere else.  That, plus, I'm not going to pay a $20 hazmat fee in addition to shipping.  It's kind of a "lesser of the evils".  MJD
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for responding. I will be in soon to look at what you have.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Clark Bro's blows goats.  They have no customer service, and the prices are outrageous.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#17]
+1  Gander mountain is not much better either.    Richmond or chantilly gunshows are the best place for reloading supplies.     TNT reloading are great guys and very good prices.    

Quoted:
Clark Bro's blows goats.  They have no customer service, and the prices are outrageous.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you were standing in front of them, you would be a customer!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you were standing in front of them, you would be a customer!!

Who let the peanut gallery in?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... Richmond or chantilly gunshows are the best place for reloading supplies.     TNT reloading are great guys and very good prices. ...

AFAIK, TNT only made it to maybe the first one or two Chantilly gun shows in 2004!

I believe there were issues with the fire marshal.  

Anybody know if Gander Mountain carries bulk bullets (500 rounds or more)?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
AFAIK, TNT only made it to maybe the first one or two Chantilly gun shows in 2004!

I believe there were issues with the fire marshal.  

Anybody know if Gander Mountain carries bulk bullets (500 rounds or more)?

Check TNT's website to see what show they're appearing.
Last time I was at Gander in Fredericksburg, I didn't see any of the cheaper Remington/Winchester rifle or handgun bulk packs. IIRC, they might have the Nosler 250rd packs,but those usually aren't much of a deal. If you're talking handgun bullets, I think they have cast bullets in 500 packs-"Meister" brand IIRC. Anyway, none of their prices are cheap when compared to online purchases from Midway,Midsouth,Natchez,Grafs,etc.
If TNT disappears from the VA shows, I for one will quit attending shows. I gave up on gunshops like Clark Bros for reloading supplies a loooonnnggg time ago.
There's only one gunshop I've ever been to that had good powder and primer prices (as in under $17 per pound or per 1k of primers)-Shyda's in Lebanon,PA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#22]
199....yes Gander does sometimes carry bulk ammo....just be prepared to sacrifice your Gonads, just like everything else there in the firearms-related areas. I worked there for several months when they first opened and the way they handle their sales/customer service in the firearms department is terrible ! Much better to go to Green Top in Ashland or one of the other big dealers around Eastern VA>
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I just wanted to update the situation. I went to Clarks this past Friday and gave them my ticket. They gave me the Llama back and I promptly bought a box of ammo and took it out back to the range. It did fire and worked ok. But I think the slide spring needs to be replaced.

It fired the walmart winchester fine but the Wolf (Please dont flame me) would not cycle at all. It sometimes would half cycle and if I gave the slide a shove it would then close on the round.

Other than the 1 month plus wait and Clark not even calling me to inform me my weapon had been repaired and I could pick it up, Clark brothers is ok
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#24]
the worst part is that this is really the only place I have to shoot...if anyone has some land near orange that they would let me blast away on PLEASE let me know//./
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sorry to bring back an old thread. I just wanted to update the situation. I went to Clarks this past Friday and gave them my ticket. They gave me the Llama back and I promptly bought a box of ammo and took it out back to the range. It did fire and worked ok. But I think the slide spring needs to be replaced.

It fired the walmart winchester fine but the Wolf (Please dont flame me) would not cycle at all. It sometimes would half cycle and if I gave the slide a shove it would then close on the round.

Other than the 1 month plus wait and Clark not even calling me to inform me my weapon had been repaired and I could pick it up, Clark brothers is ok

Not to defend Clark Bros in anyway whatsoever, but Wolf ammo is typically pretty weak.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to defend Clark Bros in anyway whatsoever, but Wolf ammo is typically pretty weak.

Thats what the range guy told me as well. He also said that the steel casings were hard on the extractor. I wont be using Wolf in any of my pistols again. That was the first time I tried it. No wonder it was the cheapest .45 they had

Wolf is fine in my AK and even my AR but I will stay away from it for the pistols.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top