Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 12:55:52 AM EDT
I heard a snippet on the news before leaving for work that a Clackamas Co Deputy was arrested for an armed robbery.   None of the local news websites have any info.   Anybody have info on this?

I'm at work, no tv but I do have the internet

We've had deputies arrested for DUI and in domestic disputes but nothing like that
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
As of 6:30 this morning no reports on local news...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard a quick report last night on the radio that he was being held in custody in Yamhill County. I can't find a thing about it on the Net.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The story was featured as breaking news on KPTV's 10:00 news last night.  Clackamas County Deputy arrested for robbing a BiMart in Newburg/McMinnville area.  Not finding anything on the local news sites either.

Apparently all of the IT guys are off on Christmas Break.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I found something on the 1190 Kex website:

Clackamas County Deputy arrested for robbery
Dec 24, 2005
A Clackamas County Sheriffs Deputy has been arrested on theft charges. Late Friday, thirty-six-year-old Deputy David Verbos was taken into custody and put in Yamhill County Jail. Jim Strovink with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says the whole department is shocked that one of their own has been accused of being a robber. Verbos is a resident of Newberg, in Yamhill County. He was put in jail without bail.

Yes.  I am a post whore.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I found something on the 1190 Kex website:

Clackamas County Deputy arrested for robbery
Dec 24, 2005
A Clackamas County Sheriffs Deputy has been arrested on theft charges. Late Friday, thirty-six-year-old Deputy David Verbos was taken into custody and put in Yamhill County Jail. Jim Strovink with the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office says the whole department is shocked that one of their own has been accused of being a robber. Verbos is a resident of Newberg, in Yamhill County. He was put in jail without bail.

Yes.  I am a post whore.  

Hometown proud!!

Nick
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
F'ing wow!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Deputy charged in Bi-Mart heist

Published: December 24, 2005

By PAUL DAQUILANTE
Of the News-Register

A Clackamas County Sheriff's Office deputy and former Yamhill County reserve deputy was arrested late Friday and charged with the Thursday afternoon armed robbery of the McMinnville Bi-Mart store, according to Sheriff Jack Crabtree.

David Verbos, 36, of Newberg, a Clackamas County deputy since July 1995, was charged with one count of first-degree robbery. He was booked into the Yamhill County Jail without bail.

The charge is a Measure 11 offense, punishable by a mandatory minimum prison sentence of seven years and six months upon conviction.

Bi-Mart was robbed of unidentified drugs by an armed male adult, according to McMinnville Police Lt. Rob Edgell.

Officers were dispatched to the store at 1635 S.W. Baker St. at 5:15 p.m. on a reported armed robbery.

Edgell said the lone while male entered the "employee's only" area of the pharmacy, located on the east side of the building.

The suspect displayed a handgun and demanded controlled substances. Once he obtained the drugs, he fled the store, and was last seen driving southbound on South Baker Street in a newer blue colored passenger car with unknown Oregon license plates.

Detective Dwayne Willis would not comment on the kind of drugs the suspect demanded, what he was given and the quantity.

Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts said his office was notified by Yamhill County authorities that Verbos was being investigated in connection with the robbery. The two agencies then began working together.

Verbos worked as a Yamhill County reserve deputy from 1991 to 1995. He was then hired full time by Clackamas County, where he has worked as a patrol deputy, school resource office and most recently a patrol deputy in the city of Wilsonville.

"It's a sad day in any law enforcement agency when you have to arrest one of your own," Roberts said. "The public trust for all law enforcement is damaged when just one betrays that trust.

"It is imperative that we send a message to the public and also to the members of our office that we will aggressively investigate allegations of any misconduct. We will continue to provide Yamhill County with any and all additional information."
http://www.newsregister.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=202308
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Tis the season I guess.......
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Musta been a slim year at the department.... no Christmas bonus to buy drugs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top