Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2011 6:36:52 PM EDT
I personally didn't take any pics, I had a camera malfunction...  But here's a link to a video of my unit, the 10th Mo. Infantry, company E!!  I'm the tallest guy on the field not on a horse, big straw hat.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=631300

And alot of pics on this link...Several pages and stories

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/06/19/photo-gallery-battle-boonville-after-dusk/

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could have made that, looks great.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wish I could have made that, looks great.

This was my first time participating, it was a hoot!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:34:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I personally didn't take any pics, I had a camera malfunction...  But here's a link to a video of my unit, the 10th Mo. Infantry, company E!!  I'm the tallest guy on the field not on a horse, big straw hat.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=631300

And alot of pics on this link...Several pages and stories

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/stories/2011/06/19/photo-gallery-battle-boonville-after-dusk/

For the Lazy folks like me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I was there.  It was SO FREAKIN HOT!!!!  We bailed after the 1:30 battle on Saturday.  I'm sure age and being so out of shape didn't help, but I felt awful after just a few hours, and I was guzzling iced tea, water and gatorade the whole time!  I CANNOT IMAGINE what it was like for you guys in wool uniforms!

You fella's put on a great show, though.

Don't know if you guys could hear the minor drama in the peanut gallery, but some old codger would not put down his umbrella, due to the sun and heat, and he was right up front.  People kept yelling "Umbrellas down in front!!!"  Finally, when the cannons opened up someone yelled "...Aim for the umbrellas!!"

We got back to our cars around 2:30, then sat for 45 minutes.  The line of cars did not move an inch.  On the back side of the parking pasture, you could see a road.  Some brave soul finally drove way over there and found a gate.  We were watching carefully through the binoculars.  As soon as they got that gate open, it was an all-out race across the meadow to freedom!  Within minutes, there must have been a 100 car line headed for the back door!

Next time, I think we'll come in the early evening and stay for the night firing.

Again, congrats on a GREAT performance!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad you enjoyed the show!!  Darn right it was hot! Glad we had plenty of water!!  Our unit is portraying the Mo State Guard early in the war, so I'm wearing civilian clothes instead of wool!!!  That bunch of crazy yanks were in full wool though!!!  The night fire was worth seeing, as was camp life.  We sang songs to a 4 string banjo til midnight!!!  Libations were drank and friends made!!  Good times!!!
Quoted:
I was there.  It was SO FREAKIN HOT!!!!  We bailed after the 1:30 battle on Saturday.  I'm sure age and being so out of shape didn't help, but I felt awful after just a few hours, and I was guzzling iced tea, water and gatorade the whole time!  I CANNOT IMAGINE what it was like for you guys in wool uniforms!

You fella's put on a great show, though.

Don't know if you guys could hear the minor drama in the peanut gallery, but some old codger would not put down his umbrella, due to the sun and heat, and he was right up front.  People kept yelling "Umbrellas down in front!!!"  Finally, when the cannons opened up someone yelled "...Aim for the umbrellas!!"

We got back to our cars around 2:30, then sat for 45 minutes.  The line of cars did not move an inch.  On the back side of the parking pasture, you could see a road.  Some brave soul finally drove way over there and found a gate.  We were watching carefully through the binoculars.  As soon as they got that gate open, it was an all-out race across the meadow to freedom!  Within minutes, there must have been a 100 car line headed for the back door!

Next time, I think we'll come in the early evening and stay for the night firing.

Again, congrats on a GREAT performance!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top