Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 9:01:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2009 9:04:44 AM EST by joemama74]
My daughter wanted to go to the circus while it was in town, so we did the 11:30 Saturday morning show. Not too crowded, there were still some good seats that were empty, but didn't get offered through Ticketmaster for some reason. The preshow started at 10:30 where you could go down to the floor and watch some of the small acts, it was worth seeing, but nothing extraordinary in the preshow.

The circus itself was pretty amazing. Consider it more of a musical performance/show than a circus really, but there were plenty of pretty good acts. At times there was so much going on, you couldn't take it all in, just total amazement for your eyes and ears. There were a couple of slow parts that weren't too good, but for the most part, it was worth it. 7 motorcycles in the cage! HolyS––-!

I think our show ended at 2pm which was a long time for a 5 year old, but I never got bored with it. It was raining when we got there, so I took the hickey and paid $20 for indoor parking. The other ripoff is the cotton candy, $12, but it comes with a floppy tyvek circus hat. All the other little toys were expensive, I got out of there with a $4 coloring book and a $4 lollipop. Oh, and she had to eat, $7 for a personal cheese pizza.

Like I said, the show was pretty good, I'll consider going every year. Last time I went was in 1980, I was 5 and it was at Reunion Arena. Not quite the circus I remember, but still a good show.
Top Top