Nice one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Making me hungry
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:17:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried something new on deer last night.
I have always cut the part below the elbow (the shank) and skinned the "silver skin", then ground for sausage.
I saved a couple of shanks this time just cooked in the oven like a pot roast with the bone.
All those tendons and ligaments turned into gelatin, thought it would be like a turkey leg, but the meat was very tender and tasty.
I will never cut up another shank, too time consuming and lose a lot of editables.
BUT I do like my chicken fried back strap, LOL
ETA darn it, now you got me thinking to make up some backstrap tonight., I'm gonna run out of deer before next season.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh deer lawd!

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Try the fried venison with large butter milk biskets with fresh butter and black mollasas.

That will kill a diet faster then anything.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#9]
This meal contains the active ingredient "Freedom" which has been determined by the state of California to cause hippies to cry.

Damn fine meal right there. One of my favorites! I grew up on this. Our family serves it steaming hot over a pile of white rice.
Fry the heart and serve the same way. It's even better than backstrap in my opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top