Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:06:36 PM EDT
Well, I just got back from the Chickasha Gun Show. You could see all of it in less than 15 minutes.
Prices were high, selection was poor. Kind of like Claude Hall's gun shows. Except this was RK Gunshows - another poor outfit for gun shows.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:54:25 PM EDT
glad I didnt go;
I figured that the game today would cause a low dealer turnout.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:26:44 PM EDT
I was glad my father and I went.  He found and traded fpr a cpmmercial Mauser from the 60's in a beautiflu Tiger stripe stock and [icked up a real nice Glock 17 for a lot less than in OKC area nt to mention the ammo guy Bud had some deals too.  I picked up a leather belt that is a Galco new for 5 bucks!

I do agree it was small though.

BTW, it was not an RK but a Metcalf show.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:36:13 PM EDT
Yep, it was a Metcalf show. The son was taking gate and the dad was selling the gun cases.
But I thought the Metcalfs were the RK group!
I did find a Ruger #3 in 223 for a decent price but I am already gun poor.
Someone told me it was pretty much the same gun show that was in Lawton the week before!
I guess the satisfaction you get out of a gun show is pretty much depends on what you carry in and what you carry out!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:21:26 PM EDT
I went to Claud Hall's today.  It was about 50/50 guns to beanie babies.  It really sucked ass.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:56:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By patrickcudd:
I went to Claud Hall's today.  It was about 50/50 guns to beanie babies.  It really sucked ass.

Not if you were looking for beanie babies.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:42:35 PM EDT
I went to the gun show in poteau, it consisted of 6 dealers, one of which was selling airsoft, and one selling knives.

The other four had high prices and a  bad attitude (I would too, If I had bought a table there!)

like what a waste of gas money!

leason? only go to large gun shows in OKC and tulsa... even if you have to wait a month.

I remember, whenI was a kid, ten years ago, we would go to poteau, and they would ahve nice gun shows, lots of dealers, good selection, etc. now, it seems the small gun shows are getting worse and worse.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:47:41 AM EDT
The Last realy good gun shows I went to was about 1981-85 YMMV...................
Top Top