User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:49:30 AM EDT
The American Thinker
7 29 05

Chicago-style freedom of speech
by Ethel C. Fenig  

http://www.americanthinker.com/comments.php?comments_id=2769

Democrats often invoke freedom of speech to justify the right of anyone to utter the most outlandish, the most hate filled or even the most treasonous speech.  Well and good but of course when applied against them these lofty principles no longer apply.  

The Democratic mayor of the people of the city of Chicago, Richard J. Daley, is enmeshed in (still yet another) scandal and a federal probe so  the chairman of the Cook County Republicans offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to Daley's conviction. The result:

The chairman of the Cook County Republican Party was fired from his real estate job Thursday for offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the indictment and conviction of Mayor Richard Daley.

Gary Skoien's offer Tuesday infuriated Daley and, most importantly, Skoien's boss, a Democrat and outspoken supporter of the mayor. Skoien was terminated Thursday as an officer of Prime Group Inc., a Chicago-based real estate firm where he has worked since 1990.

Will I be fired from my job because I brought this to your attention?  Will city inspectors suddenly find numerous safety violations on my property?  Or perhaps my car will be towed for parking in a no parking zone--my private parking space.  (All of this--and more--have been known to happen in Democrat, democratically ruled Chicago.)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have found the word "Hypocrite" describe many Yellow-Dog Democrats when it comes to many things.

This just re-enforces my experience.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
If Illinois was a South American country, Chicago would have already been stormed by the general populace, Daley put in jail, and his mansion/apartment burned to the ground!

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If Illinois was a South American country, Chicago would have already been stormed by the general populace, Daley put in jail, and his mansion/apartment burned to the ground!

Figures, this is one time being in the US has a draw back.

I was thinking something similar.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
[DaMayor]Hey... youze guys in da fitty-first ward (dat is da rest of da state) ... shaddup, or I'll send my goons after ya. [/DaMayor]  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top