Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2022 5:11:23 PM EDT
Is THE ROBEY hotel in a relatively good area of town?

May be going there for a couple nights in a month.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Relatively is the operative phrase here. Even in so-called "good" areas you can find crime.  Here's a story about a shooting at a bar right down the street.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/02/18/after-second-shooting-outside-the-point-wicker-park-business-owners-push-for-greater-police-presence-along-milwaukee-avenue/

Are you going to be in a gang-infested war zone?  Doubtful.  Do you need to keep your awareness up and not do anything stupid that might put you in harms away?  Absolutely.  Have a good time, but be wise in your choices.  

If you want to explore a Chicago crime map, here's an official one from the CPD: https://gis.chicagopolice.org/
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you suggest doing a architectural boat tour?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely. They are said to be fab. Saw one on PBS that had been filmed. It was excellent.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I did the one run by the Chicago Architecture Center.  It was a great tour, such a unique way to see the city.  The weather was perfect for it, so that helped a lot.  I think there are others, and I can't imagine them being bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top