Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 8:06:01 PM EDT
Would they allow you to make a target base of your own to bring with you?  I've noticed very few target bases at the pistol range (other than the 25 yard rotating stands) and was wondering what happens when more people come to shoot (I'm new there and haven't seen many people yet).

If we were allowed to make our own bases would we also be able to make different target stands?  I was thinking something simple like at Fort Dix, a single upright with the target stapled to it, the base could be half a 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not that familiar with teh pistol range bases, but I remember being warned during the safety orientation that if you build a frame, it had to be the proper dimensions.  I've seen RO's pull non-standard frames from the 100 yard range.  

The yellow safety rules and regulations that you get at the seminar states "Below is a variation of the frame that must be used on the Handgun, 100 yard, and rimfire ranges".  They give a drawing with the dimensions:  72" tall minimum with a 24"x36" target area at the top.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I built a target stand exactly to spec, but then when I went there I saw people's target stands made out of 2X4's and even 1X3's, so I'm not sure what to think.

My main concern is what to do when there are no more target bases left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top