Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 7:59:31 PM EDT
Such hostility lately, we need to remember to enjoy the important things in life. Like the Hawks beating the S**T out of the cyclones tomorrow!!
Remember gentlemen, there is no beer in Heaven.

A great American:

The highest paid state employee:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#1]
im going to a buddies for the game. i have no interest in either team. im going for good company and free beer as you mentioned
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Such hostility lately, we need to remember to enjoy the important things in life. Like the Hawks beating the S**T out of the cyclones tomorrow!!

Oh, do piss off.

BTW-
Even Herky is a Cyclone fan at heart.
Sorry about the size, buy you losers (even if the Hawks win) need to get it through your rock heads that ISU is far superior to the U of I.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, do piss off.

BTW-

Sorry about the size, buy you losers (even if the Hawks win) need to get it through your rock heads that ISU is far superior to the U of I.

http://grburnett.us/pics/cyclonefan.jpg
Want to hear something funny, I'm a junior at ISU

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, do piss off.

BTW-

http://grburnett.us/pics/cyclonefan.jpg
Want to hear something funny, I'm a junior at ISU

i bet your life is hard at school
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe theres beer in Heaven! there better be cause others preach that theres rivers of wine.

But dont go go to ISU? Wheres your school spirit, lol.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
You realize that if the Cawks beat ISU it's just a nationally ranked team beating an unranked, struggling program. But if ISU wins, it means you all eat ballsach sandwiches.

P.S. MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY... MOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!

Go back to Iowa City or get some damn school pride.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#7]
ISU graduate and lifelong Hawk fan checking in before the game.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes I am the First one:  HAWKS FTW!!!

BTW I Live in and Love
Iowa City

I'll bleed Black and Gold until the day I die!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#9]
State is so bad they cant even get the students to support them... i have about 15 friends that attend Iowa State right now (those that have graduated dont count) are all Hawk Fans... Of all my friends i have that go to Iowa, none are Clone fans... Nothing like visiting ISU buddies and going to there places and seeing everything decked out in Hawk Colors, makes me proud.

oh and the BS about a nationally ranked team beating an unranked team is bogus... its one of the greatest rivalries in the NCAA, the Cyclones just cant keep up, because they suck.

Now if you are a Hawk fan or a Clone fan at least you support a Iowa team... I had some crazy lady come into my Kum and Go this morning wearing a Nebraska shirt (with iowa plates on her car), i told her to get the hell out of my state.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
No, Pitt/WVU and Ohio/Michagin are great rivalries.

Really, outside of Iowa no one paid any attention to this win as anything other than a decent nationally ranked team beating up on a weak program. It's called a cupcake game.

Today was just ugly. But I keep telling myself that all those lib. arts hawks grads. don't have jobs anymore, so they needed this more than we did.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]
All of my uncles are engineers that went to Iowa State and are now engineers. One of them always said that the average IQ of an ISU fan is higher than that of Iowa fans because the only people that cheer for ISU are graduates.

I thought he was on to something until I moved out in the country and saw some of the rural toothless wonders that cheer for ISU.

Man, that game yesterday was embarrassing (for ISU). I really like Rhodes and I think he cares about his team. I just wish he would go somewhere that I could cheer for him. Actually I will cheer for him the rest of the season. I wish him luck as it will make the win yesterday higher quality if he continues on and possibly picks off a ranked team.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#12]
isu got rocked. the party i was at became just a regular party after halftime everyone knew it was over
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Had 4 ISU fans sitting behind us at the game. I don't badger the other team too bad so we got along. By the 4th quarter we were all cheering for ISU just to get some points.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny story:

Immediately after the game I was sitting at a red light on Hickman near Living History Farms. I notice something in the road a few car spaces in front of me.

There were 4 ISU window flags that someone obviously tore off of their car in a fit of rage after the game.

Anyway, Go Hawks.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top