Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 8:55:32 AM EDT
Hi all.
Rick from Prior Lake area. I've been lurking at ARFcom for years. Never realized there was much action on hometown forum. Went to my range on Friday. Here is a pic of my son Jeff with my latest build.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/311424.jpg

Here is a picture of my friend Eric with his AR. It is a Diamond Socom lower and DPMS A2 bull upper.
http://www.hunt101.com/img/311429.jpg

Anyone else in the southwest metro area?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:04:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What range is that?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in the SW metro.  I shoot at the Dakota indoor pistol range (right near Prior Lake) in the winter time.  Welcome to the Hometown seciton!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
That is the Post 435 gun club in Webster, MN. Sponsored by the Richfield American Legion post 435.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello, AJ!

I think I bumped into Eric a few weeks ago when he was shooting with Tom at the Dakota County Gun Club in Rosemount. He was experiencing feed problems with that DPMS upper, and had to send it back to the factory. Has that problem been solved yet?

DL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think I bumped into Eric a few weeks ago when he was shooting with Tom at the Dakota County Gun Club in Rosemount. He was experiencing feed problems with that DPMS upper, and had to send it back to the factory. Has that problem been solved yet?

DL

Calling dpmmn!!!

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:35:58 AM EDT
[#7]
dleong

We worked on it ourselves and found 1 anamoly. The end of the gas tube that goes into the bolt carrier key was very sloppy compared to a newer gas tube that was a snug fit. We used a taper punch to "bell" the end of the gas tube. At the range it fed his handloads perfectly, but still didn't feed the PMC ammo reliably. New gas tube on order and also new gas rings for the bolt.

Astronaut Jones is Rick in MN
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
New gas tube on order and also new gas rings for the bolt.

Good call.  Perhaps parts from Bushmaster are in order...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
dleong

We worked on it ourselves and found 1 anamoly. The end of the gas tube that goes into the bolt carrier key was very sloppy compared to a newer gas tube that was a snug fit. We used a taper punch to "bell" the end of the gas tube. At the range it fed his handloads perfectly, but still didn't feed the PMC ammo reliably. New gas tube on order and also new gas rings for the bolt.

Yup, Eric was experiencing the exact same problem at the DCGC range with PMC ammo not feeding reliably.

Could the ammo possibly be at fault here? I've heard from other AR shooters that PMC ammo isn't exactly considered "premium" quality.

DL
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the same problem with my DPMS rifle.  DPMS told me it was the ammo.  They said don't shoot PMC, Winchester, South African Surplus.

I started using Militec and that problem went away.  Also replaced the bolt and bolt carrier with Quality Bushmaster parts...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
We tried a new bolt in Erics gun. It didn't change anything.  FYI-bolt was Oly that we tried.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you a member of 435?

I just got around to joining the legion, but I haven't requested a transfer yet. I was going to request 435 so I could use the restaurant and the range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Dave P

Yes I am a member of the 435 gun club. It is the most affordable range near where I live. Never been to the restaurant.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Are you a Legion member?

I thought you had to belong the the Post before you could use the Range.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Dave

I am a member of the Sons of the American Legion.  That is one of the ways you can get a gun range membership. I used to live a few blocks from the legion post, now its a 30 minute drive to get there. I am about 15 minutes from the gun club.

Rick in MN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top