Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 4:15:36 AM EST
Hope everyone is ok and safe. We suffered a little damage here in Polk county but not too much. Of course, after Charley there wasn't much left to blow away.

Main problem now is flooding. Road into our property is flooded from the river branch. 6" under flowing water and will get worse. House is on a hill but the pasture and driveway is also under water.

All in all, we are lucky. Two hurricanes in 3 weeks passed directly over the house.

Good luck to everyone else and stay safe.

Anybody needs any help let us know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:41:37 AM EST
All OK here in Deerfield Beach. The house is still standing and no damage. Lots of trees down in the neighborhood and still no power yet after almost 32 hours. Hope everyone else is OK and remember to leave your shutters up 'cause Ivan will be hitting us next weekend!! Another hurricane party, I can't wait!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:57:34 AM EST
My family and I were fortunate once again here in NW Lake County. We lost power yesterday at or about noon but just before midnight the power came back on. We were ok in the mean time due to having a generator and lots of fuel but I know others were not so fortunate.

There are many folks still w/o power and it seems that my house is on a different power grid than most others as we got service back fast.

Yesterday, while on patrol, many of the trailor park homes were damaged, some lost their carports and outside utility sheds. So far, no injuries that I know of.

Lastly, the rain fall in my area has not been bad, again, we have been blessed once again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:07:55 AM EST
It aint over yet for us panhandle folks - I just hope she stays a "mere" Tropical Storm and doesn't pick up windspeed before landfall.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:22:49 AM EST
Charlotte and Lee county checking in. We never got anything more than 40-50 mph winds and some rain. We're doing alright. Thank god we couldn't take another hit. I put in 28 hours in two days thanks to Frances.. God we're we bored. Nice to be "home".

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:56:11 AM EST
Naples (Collier County)... everything fine my way.

A little wind and rain... not much to speak of in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:50:27 AM EST
We got a little wind damage here in Jacksonville. the wid twisted the hell out of our screened in porch. Other than that we just have to deal wiht a slight leak. We got off easy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:37:35 AM EST
Lost power 3 PM Sat go it back before 11 AM today.I've so many black and blue spots on my body from putting up plywood, you'd think I'd gone a few rounds with a kick boxer.
Gerry
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:39:58 AM EST
Orlando here. no power as of yet (i gots me a generator) but no damage to the house either.

I did some home improvements done to day started hanging the the new cabinets in the kitchen.

check in later...

Ung...out
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:46:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 11:27:33 PM EST by SGB]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:53:36 AM EST
First 2 reported deaths my county Alachua middle of the state. One car wreck, one tree vs mobile home. Tree won 1 dead 2 injured. A FFFFFFFFFing mess. WE have been working 12's and now I'm going to sandbag my parents house, water is rising. Oh did I mention IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:54:37 AM EST

Anyone know how bad Martin County got hit? In particular Stuart? Mom's got a winter home in Emerald Lakes there. Tried to call the neighbors and the main office to get a damage report but phone lines appear to still be down for that area.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:51:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 3:06:33 PM EST by M4-TUNA]
Good here is Jville. Alot of tree damage and alot of fucking rain. spent over 4 hours just in my GrandPa's backyard claening up alot of big tree limbs four total on the house ouch but lucky hardly any damage to roof. My road I work on is flooded for days now. Going to use boat to go to work tommorow. Joking on boat but it is about two feet deep . i will post pics later OK pics now
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:52:38 PM EST
No damage here, but the power has been out now for 31hrs, no ETA on repairs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:27:39 PM EST
In St. Pete and only 4 inches to go to get in house . The wife had to work and was at TGH from Sat on. I had the 3 and 7 year old and we did fine. I live in shore acachers as seen on TV the water was high but with GOD's love we did good. God bless all and keep well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:45:18 PM EST
Checking in!

No damage, no power loss on my end. Alot of power loss and light damage all around my area.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:33:49 PM EST
all is good here !!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:45:58 PM EST
Very happy you guy's are all OK!

Now post more pics!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:13:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 9:13:36 PM EST by M4]
OK here. Boynton Beach.

Lost power 7:30am on Saturday morning! Got it back 4am Monday morning. Looks like Dresden around here. Unbelievable amount of damage, but my home is fine.

Glad everyone's ok. Glad it's over. What an ass kicker that was.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:21:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:57:23 PM EST
West Broward County. Wind gusts up to 50 MPH and 6 total inches in 24 hours. We lost power Saturday at 6am, although our neighbors to the west never lost power. No major damage and a pretty neat storm for my kids to experience and learn from. My Jeep battery died after all the stores closed, so we didn't get to go for aftermath drive by's. Some idiot banged on my front door late Saturday night. I lit him up with an M3 and he never even knew it was attached to my G17. He backed up proclaiming "Oh, sorry. I can't get my friends house right." My dog wanted his ass sooo bad! Sunday night we went out for BBQ and ten minutes later the power comes back on. Situation normal. Ivan is churning away, i'm glad we are still prepped.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:33:28 AM EST
Orange County-Apopka checking in.....All clear here. Trees are down, fences are down, we have power and lots of leaks in a 12month old house on a hill........ go figure.

Can't wait for Ivan.........
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:32:02 PM EST
I am alive at least. A few downed trees. One old computer totally wiped out because I couldn't get home before the storm. Front porch screen ripped to shreads. 32 hours of overtime because no one showed up to work, but won't be paid to me in the form of cash. That's the State for ya. One new computer which took my new AR money away. A really bitchy wife at home , and a shit load of trash to get rid of.

FDCC guys. I am working hard to replace my lost files from my old computer. Once I get that taken care of, I will post the pics of the last shoot, but it may be a while yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:07:03 AM EST
West Palm Beach checking in here. No major damage, but power & phone are still out. Gasoline supplies are getting better, but aren't back to normal yet.

I've posted a few pics here.

Now we're waiting for Ivan...

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:44:07 AM EST
Boynton Beach checking back in...just got my power back last night after losing it Thursday night last week. I have been working 12 hour shifts every day since thursday last week. I didnt have any damage to my place besides a gutter. Im just hoping that Ivan does not hit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:15:43 PM EST
Indian River county here. Lost power 10:15am Saturday. We are still w/o power, but have water (cold showers are better than none) and phone. We will be without power for 3 or 4 more days (we think), House will need a new roof, and our yard is destroyed, but we are alive after twenty hours of hurricane.

I could write a book on all of the things we will do differently next time. Long term survival without the basics is even more different than I had planned for. I probably won't be online much due to the power issuse. We are living off of a small generator right now. We have refrigerator and lights.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:36:58 PM EST
Checking in. No structure damage here, but not having power 5 days was a drag.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:49:38 PM EST
Alachua is still kind of bad, some neighborhoods look like war zones wires down, trees everywhere people without power and we are inland I would hate to see or be anywhere near the coast. Our local river is rising and I'm carrying life vests and ropes in my front seat. People still keep driving their cars into newly formed lakes of course driving pass the "ROAD CLOSED" signs and still calling in complaints about heavy traffic and that the ROAD CLOSED signs aren't clear enough. I really don't understand the sheer stupidity of some people. Some fast food places were open during the height of the hurricane and people were blocking a lane of traffic on a state roadway in line to get pizza. Fucking amazing. You guys be careful and keep your family and your kids you've sent off to college down here inside for a few days when Ivan gets here. I think god is in a bad mood this month.

I think a few more of us should go to church this Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:16:50 PM EST
Keystone Heights (Clay County)......... Everything is a-okay........ Lots of rain, and wind........ A few reports of twisters! Lost power at around 11:00Am Sunday, course I spent the weekend at the fire station. Lost power there around 10:00am. Lost of folks around here with out power!

Not looking forward to Ivan!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:01:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 5:17:00 AM EST by protus]
daytona here,,, lost 2 more roofs,,, lost 20 yrds of shore line, 2 of our river front apt buildings are being condemmed,the waves were crahing in and thru them,,the property was flodded over(knee high all around)
i had some minor foundation leaks,,,and thats it(thank god) just got our cable back on 10 mins ago,still trying to get the wet sock smell outta the house!
i got some pics,,,, but gotta get them uploaded to a host,,,,

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:43:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/11/2004 3:46:22 PM EST by warhorse]

Top Top