Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:38 PM EST
Gents,

Howdy. I grew up in Union County, and I heard through the grapevine that a guy I went to school with may have been involved in a fatal crash during a police pursuit on I-485. I've searched google, and the Charlotte Observer archives to no avail. If I tossed out what little info I have, maybe some of y'all may know something?

Thanks in advance!

*Ryan McMahan/McMahon/MacMahan/MacMahon, roughly 28 y/o

*Possible police pursuit on I-485 in a mustang, ending in a fatal accident, killing an innocent person.

*Would have happened within the last 5 years.

That's really all I've got... let me know if you know anything!

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:38:01 PM EST
There have been a few like that in Mint Hill in the last few years. Charlotte has tough restrictions on pursuing fleeing motorist, so I would bet it happened in a suburb of Charlotte.

Peter3
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:30:31 PM EST
I havent heard of anything like that
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:21:27 PM EST
Back in 04' I was almost involved in a chase where I believe the FBI, Highway patrol, and 1/2 the CharMeck police were chasing this guy. I was driving down N.Tyron and a red car zips by me I look in the rear view mirror and there is a sea of blue lights.

In the end if I remember several accidents were caused by the citywide case, however I do not remember anyone dying.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:13:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By amtank:
Back in 04' I was almost involved in a chase where I believe the FBI, Highway patrol, and 1/2 the CharMeck police were chasing this guy. I was driving down N.Tyron and a red car zips by me I look in the rear view mirror and there is a sea of blue lights.

In the end if I remember several accidents were caused by the citywide case, however I do not remember anyone dying.

I remember that night. There were so many CMPD guys written up because of that chase it wasnt funny.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 2:41:16 AM EST
IIRC, there may be a statewide listing of all obits, but I can't remember the sites name. Good luck in finding out.

-Althor
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:32:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/18/2008 8:34:35 AM EST by amtank]
height=8
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
height=8
Originally Posted By amtank:

I remember that night. There were so many CMPD guys written up because of that chase it wasnt funny.

The guy all but hit me, I'd say no more than 5 police + somebody in a Yukon also almost hit me. I will say any impact with what I was driving at the time would not have made them happy. I was driving a fully metal 86' Buick Regal. Things were built like a tank.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:48:23 AM EST
Yukon was the FBI if I remember correctly.
Top Top