[#2]
Cool pics Byte, thanks.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
looks great, didn't know you took soo many
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
And to think I went to Chili's with my pants like that...I knew I should have worn my Depends!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pix, Byte.  Thanks for taking and posting them.  

(We still think you're ATF though!  )
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Who brought the AR180? Was it the new 180B? How did it shoot?

I wouldn't have to ask these questions if I would get my sorry ass to more shoots.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#7]
mpearcex's friend Ken brought the 180B (it was a "B" right?).  It was too cool.  Very light weight with the composite receiver.  For such a light gun it was very nice to shoot.  Recoil didn't feel any different than that of an AR.  The 180 takes regular AR mags too.

Ken took the thing apart to show us the inside of the receiver and all the differences between it and an AR.  It was really neat.

BTW, mpearcex and Ken showed off some impressive machine work they had done customizing pistols and making rifle stocks.  I couldn't believe their customizations didn't come from a factory somewhere.  They sure know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I noticed in my last post I was talking about ARs and 180s as if the 180 wasn't an AR.  The 180 IS an AR, but I think you guys know what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys had lots O' fun I can tell. Im gonna try and get to the next one. Id like to shoot one of those 9mm uppers, do they kick at all?
 Joel
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:00:15 AM EDT
[#10]
The 9mm upper kicks about like my Gamo air rifle.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:12:57 AM EDT
[#11]
or less!! I gotta get me one of those .9mm jobbers, next bonus I'm gonna get one.

The one thing I didn't like about the 180 is that is wasn't very ergonomic feeling. I could never get a comfortable grip like that of an AR15, he said they fixed that in later productions.

I finally got some down time here at work and so here are the pics I promised to put up yesterday... sorry for the delay!!

www.mindspring.com/~gilfrd/

some nice pics in there, some crappy and some are just....damn, ie. asscrack

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And to think I went to Chili's with my pants like that...I knew I should have worn my Depends!

Hell, it looks like you brought the chili with you there, guy.  Trouser chili, that is...  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, it looks like you brought the chili with you there, guy.  Trouser chili, that is...  

What's really funny is that I didn't have a clue until I got home and my roommate said, "what happened to your pants?".  LOL
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's really funny is that I didn't have a clue until I got home and my roommate said, "what happened to your pants?".  LOL

Wait a minute...didn't I make some smart assed remark? I cannot believe I let something like that slide. I am pretty sure I did. You must have been ignoring me...as usual!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a minute...didn't I make some smart assed remark? I cannot believe I let something like that slide. I am pretty sure I did. You must have been ignoring me...as usual!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Somebody say something?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Somebody say something?

I think it was just the wind or something...
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The one thing I didn't like about the 180 is that is wasn't very ergonomic feeling. I could never get a comfortable grip like that of an AR15, he said they fixed that in later productions.

WHAAATTT????????  The AR180, both B and preban, are far more ergonomic that the 15s are.  I have both kinds (and a few 15s), and I would never have thought I would hear that.

As for fixing the ergonomics in later productions, not the case.  The ergonomics are the same in all the 180Bs.  They corrected some vendor problems that had to do with quality, but they did not change the ergonomics.

Byte, what is the story on the 'Range Nazi'?

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the story. Range Nazi

He was probably just having a bad day.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

WHAAATTT????????  The AR180, both B and preban, are far more ergonomic that the 15s are.  I have both kinds (and a few 15s), and I would never have thought I would hear that.

As for fixing the ergonomics in later productions, not the case.  The ergonomics are the same in all the 180Bs.  They corrected some vendor problems that had to do with quality, but they did not change the ergonomics.

I guess it's the way I shoot standing, prone or supported is a different story. when I shoot I like to rest the handguard retaining ring on my thumb as opposed to grasping the handguard itself, that area wasn't on the 180B, it came right to the reciever. I dont feel that comfortable grasping the handguard itself, I'm much more stable holding the rifle closer and more compacted to my body than stretching out, call me silly.

Differnt strokes I guess.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is the story. Range Nazi

He was probably just having a bad day.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Sheesh, what a baby!  I would have offered him my phone to call the Ranger and not given him a damn bench.

He probably wasn't having a bad day, he probably is like that all the time.  He grew up as a spoiled brat and got his way with mommy and daddy with tantrums.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Range Nazi's are the reason I quit going to Elliot. Now I shoot at Ocmulgee and never had a problem with any jackass's. Last time I was there some jerk came in set up and starting shooting next to me, without setting any targets up. I was sighting in a new rifle and notice that there where holes in the lower left corner, so I am trying to figure out what is going on whether its me or the rifle. Than it dawns on me that a-hole buddy next to me is shooting my target. What a A$$, then gets offended when I say something to him. Atlanta has to many jackass's.

BTW, nice pics looks like ya'll had alot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics!

Who ever was in the white T-Shirt shooting lefty...that grip looked yoga-painful!

~ s0ulzer0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top