Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:05:21 AM EDT
CAFB hasn't had an airshow since 9/11. On 8 April they will be hosting the biggest single-day DoD airshow of the year!

In addition to F-16, A-10, F-15, and C-17 demos, there are several civilian aerobatic acts.

Lots of static displays.

The Blue Angels are headlining the show.

If you are coming, check out the FAQ and Security sections of the website. Some key points: No backpacks, no coolers, and if you have a weapon they will confiscate & keep it. Be aware.

Looks like it's going to be a great show!

public.charleston.amc.af.mil/airexpo2006/welcome.htm
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:17:04 AM EDT
looks like a road trip with the 2 boys.....I'll have to hog tie the woman and throw her in the trunk to get her to go
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:00:08 PM EDT
Good luck with the traffic! You won't find me anywhere near N. Charleston that day.

We had an Air Show in 98 when I lived on base; even then it was a nightmare. There are only three ways on/off the base. Two of the three lead to Dorchester and the other to I26. Can someone say parking lots?

But it is a really good time. Civilians get to see a little of what their tax dollars go for. And kids love it.

I will never forget, one year I had to work the Air Show and was talking to a lady and she tells me, "So this is what is on the other side of that brick wall I drive by on Dorchester every day. I always saw the airplanes, but had no idea." I about died. Ignorance must have been bliss.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:37:48 AM EDT
Yeah, traffic will be a booger. That's one reason I almost miss living on base.

If you're coming, bring a big tank of patience.

Be prepared for a long day with most of it on your feet.

When the show is over I'll probably take a nap in the car to let traffic thin out a bit.
Top Top