Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:14 PM EDT
I am going to go out there this weekend and have never been there before.  Is there anything I should know about the place?  Odd rules or fees?  Clean up your brass or just sweep away?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Just when you think that you are there your not.  You'll be on a gravel road when you get to the shooting range.  For a public range it is really nice IMHO.  The rules are posted clearly so you'll want to read them but there isn't anything out of the ordinary.  Brass rules are if you put it on the ground sweep it up and put it in the trash.  You'll have a good time and most people are friendly although I've seen safety tossed out the window but it happens everywhere.  If you want to shoot more and walk less bring a spotting scope.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
What are you calling the Charles City Public Range?  Are you talking about the DGIF Chicahominy range?  If not, let me know where this range is.  I live in Hopewell and am always looking for somewhere closer to shoot.  Sorry if I hijacked your thread.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What are you calling the Charles City Public Range?  Are you talking about the DGIF Chicahominy range?  If not, let me know where this range is.  I live in Hopewell and am always looking for somewhere closer to shoot.  Sorry if I hijacked your thread.

Charles City - Chickahominy WMA Shooting Range, 12510 Eagles Nest Road

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:58:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Charles City - Chickahominy WMA Shooting Range, 12510 Eagles Nest Road

Yeah, that's the one we go to.  It's free.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:31:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I must say I had a great time out there sunday.  Next time I go I am going to bring some
dollar store bags of clothespins to hold the targets and a magnet to pick up the wolf.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I go out there all the time. It's a good place to shoot and the folks are generally very friendly.

It's a big plus to be able to shoot handguns there as the public range closer to me (Amelia county) does not have a pistol range.

If you go out there make sure to clean up all your brass and be respectful. The range in Amelia is going to be closing down for good because of the lack of respect in regards to rules and just common courtesy in general.

We have to remember, if the state see's that it is costing them too much money to maintain, they just wont. Then we're all stuck paying high priced range fee'sBTW, do not stop at the near by S.S. Sub Shop as it is fairly unsafe. (although only place around for miles and miles with food)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I go out there all the time. It's a good place to shoot and the folks are generally very friendly.

It's a big plus to be able to shoot handguns there as the public range closer to me (Amelia county) does not have a pistol range.

If you go out there make sure to clean up all your brass and be respectful. The range in Amelia is going to be closing down for good because of the lack of respect in regards to rules and just common courtesy in general.

We have to remember, if the state see's that it is costing them too much money to maintain, they just wont. Then we're all stuck paying high priced range fee's

BTW, do not stop at the near by S.S. Sub Shop as it is fairly unsafe. (although only place around for miles and miles with food)

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have to remember, if the state see's that it is costing them too much money to maintain, they just wont. Then we're all stuck paying high priced range fee'she

hr

I dare not go into more detail
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have to remember, if the state see's that it is costing them too much money to maintain, they just wont. Then we're all stuck paying high priced range fee's

BTW, do not stop at the near by S.S. Sub Shop as it is fairly unsafe. (although only place around for miles and miles with food)

I just remember the looks on there faces as we walked in

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

kinda curious why you say its unsafe.  i have thought about going in there a few times, but usually stop in williamsburg on the way to the range.

Anyone heading out to the range next weekend?  i will be there with my LMT and my XD-9.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

kinda curious why you say its unsafe.  i have thought about going in there a few times, but usually stop in williamsburg on the way to the range.[red/]

Anyone heading out to the range next weekend?  i will be there with my LMT and my XD-9.

SP3NC3 and I go there all the time, and only once have we seen the place open. I headed in first and as I walked in every person turned around stopped what they were doing and looked right at me. As Brian(SP3NC3) walked in they just stared at him. The looks on there faces were like 'what are you white as crackers doing in here'.

We ordered our food and left, there eyes never left us, it was dead quiet in there almost.

I don't think they like white people too much in there, but DAMN the food is good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I maybe trying to go out there sunday, this weekend or next.  It all depends on who wants to go with and when.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top