Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2011 9:08:02 PM EDT
I had a conversation the other day with my postal carrier who is a board member at Foosland Sportsmans Club, and he informed me that the club will soon be reopening the 100 yd range for pistol and rifle use. He said that there will be a orientation meeting required before you can use the range as a CYA measure for the club, and that he'd let me know more as soon as it came down the line. If you're not familiar with the place, it's on Rt 47 about 15 mi N of Mahomet, 7 mi S of Gibson City, where you can stop in at my restaurant after shooting for a meal.....

I'll keep you guys updated as I hear more. I'd love to set up a pin shoot or something in the future.
Link Posted: 7/30/2011 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested in updates. Thats a little over an hour from me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Very Interested.   I'm In Decatur, but to my knowledge there is NO where to shoot in Champaign and I only know of 1 gun shop which is in a yellow house.

-Masta
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Update- Spoke with the mailman again today, and there is a range safety class available on 8/13 from 1p-5p and again on 8/14 from 1p-5p. No need to attend both days, but you do need to hit one before you may use the property. Range Memberships are $40/yr and run July to June.

The range safety class is a no shoot class, just bring pen and paper. I can't imagine what it is they plan to talk about for 4 hours other than don't shoot our stuff up, but if you're like me and you're 40 miles from the next nearest range, I'm gonna suck it up and sit through it with a smile.

IM me if you need help with directions. I'll be there Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, this is fantastic news. Myself and a few co-workers live in the Champaign/Urbana area and have been driving to Darnall's up in Bloomington and as much as I like them, I don't think I'd mind spending less time driving and money on gas.

ETA - Do you know, regarding the safety classes, how often they offer them? I ask because my wife and I are expecting the birth or our son any day now so I don't think I'll be able to attend this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
On the website it looks like this is the second run of classes, the first was in June. It does appear to be a regularly updated site, so you may want to keep tabs on that. Congrats on the impending arrival, hope everything goes well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the website?  Where's the location?

Thanks,

-Masta
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Website

from Decatur take I-72 to Mahomet Rt 47, and it's about 23 miles north from there, right on the highway
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm,Im gonna try and make the Sunday class.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I just checked out a map and this place is really close to us (those in Champaign/Urbana). This is awesome news! Thank you so much for posting this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top