Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 9:11:24 AM EDT
PFC/MDTS workshop

This is some good stuff offered at a VERY reasonable price.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds interesting.  What would we need to bring in terms of guns, knives, and equiptment?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
check your email, but briefly:

You will need pistol. holster, spare mags and carrier, 300 rds of ammo to be safe (we shot 150+ last time). I took 6 mags for my 1911, which was plenty. Maybe knee pads. We shot open carry at first then mostly from concealment. So, shirt, vest, coat, etc. Eye, ear protection. A hat is usually a good idea as there will be a lot of brass flying.

Chris Fry has "fake" knives for training, but you can bring whatever you carry for discussion purposes if you wish. Chris will have his Spar Pro training dummy for combatives.

There may also be a Force on force drill with airsoft, so if you have an airsoft pistol, bring it.

A basic pistol class prior would be helpful, but is not required.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This sounds great! Check your email.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Marc have 2 more interested souls, One is a certified NRA instructor, one is relatively new to pistolcraft, will the new guy be able to be brought up to speed?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Marc have 2 more interested souls, One is a cretified NRA instructor, one is relatively new to pistolcraft, will the new guy be able to be brought up to speed?

Wade, for the new guy, best to address Chris about that.  This isn't really a beginner course with all the movement involved.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This sounds great! Check your email.

back at ya goodorbit
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
BUMP
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Marc, Hey Wade,
Hope the shoot went well today, despite the weather.  Just wanted to thank you guys for taking the time to get me up to speed, etc.  Eternally bummed that I had to ditch, but I guess we all know about priorities.  Looking forward to whatever comes up next, be it pistol, carbine, informal shoot, or whatever.
I'll keep watching the boards and be in touch.
Thanks again,
Steve C.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi Steve. Nice talking to you last night, and sorry you couldn't make it this time but I understand completely.

The class was another great training experience. I will try and do a review in the training forum soon, and probably include it in the same thread linked above.

Now that I have your ARCom nom de plume, I'll email you when we have another shoot lined up, but deer season is fast upon us

Currently, after feedback from todays class, most people REALLY enjoyed the combatives portion as it was the most novel to us. Quite the eye opener to guys who don't have any serious martial arts experience. Our next class may be a 4 hour module of hands-on blocks and strikes, with some knife work included. Chris Fry is something else in this regard.

We will also be doing a carbine module soon. The downside to missing the pistol classes is that most of the movement and drills are directly applicable to carbine.  Maybe Wade and I can help bring you up to speed on this before the actual class.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]

We will also be doing a carbine module soon.

I think were on to something here
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you Marc you have setup some great training here. As you said quite the eye opener! Just trying to keep up to the old guys was a challenge.  It's amazing how quickly basic skills become increidibly tough with just a little bit of stress.

Thanks to Chris Fry for a good, safe program with lots of insights into personal defense. A lot of great material was presented in a short period of time, with attention tailored to personal needs. I am looking forward to the combatives & carbine modules!

Thanks also to Matt ! (and Fred)! And the rest of the guys!

A good time was had by all.
P.S. Thanks to the Penguin for leaving the 1911 voodo doll at home.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Now ya did it! Orbit you're gonna ruffle the Pengiuns feathers and he'll do his vooDoo that he do so well on all the 1911s next time!
Maybe it'll keep him occupied while I switch his gear into my OD motherlode and take the MULTICAM bag from behind his back!  

Like I said before Chris and Matt are  first rate and we're lucky to have him.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:25:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Now ya did it! Orbit you're gonna ruffle the Pengiuns feathers and he'll do his vooDoo that he do so well on all the 1911s next time!

My Springfields have been immune to his curse, but he killed my Kimber last July in less than 2 full mags during  a training class at FIRE Institute

That or the factory extractor REALLY disliked the Wolf 45 I borrowed from him.....and JUST after I had told Giles Stock what a decent pistol it had after we had talked about Kimber's dual extractor woes
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:27:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We will also be doing a carbine module soon.

I think were on to something here

Guys who attended the first but missed the second module get to replace Fred in the next training session. Good thing you are a big fella
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I have updated the new review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top