Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:53:56 PM EDT
It would seem to me that a rimfire AR-style might be "allowed." If that's the case, could you have a .22LR upper on an AR and avoid registering?

What about those MP-5 lookin' .22LR clones that have been all the rage?

The centerfire/rimfire distinction is all over the place... really hard to read...

Anyone read that differently?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmmm.. according to the Witkos camp, evil-looking .22LR's might be good to go...

I say for 4/20 at the capitol we all sling one.

http://wr2a.wordpress.com/2013/04/04/ct-state-senator-witkos-answers-faq-1160-must-read/
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
No on the ar15 22...

And no on the S&W
Line 1188 Bands it by name and doesn't say caliber...IE M&P15-22 It just bans them all
Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifles; (xxvii) Rock River Arms LAR

But some of the evil 22's are good to go(I'm not naming any for the enemy to go add)...That's just my read on it...I'm not a lawyer
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No on the ar15 22...

And no on the S&W
Line 1188 Bands it by name and doesn't say caliber...IE M&P15-22 It just bans them all

But some of the evil 22's are good to go(I'm not naming any for the enemy to go add)...That's just my read on it...I'm not a lawyer

On the M&P 15-22....we'll have to see how the state decides to interpret that one.... will it be an M&P-15, or will it be a distinct model....? I have a feeling that we'll know soon, since some folks will need guidance on registering them, or not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just took that from the bill that was signed...As of now,I interpret to say any M&P15..Just like any ar15..
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No on the ar15 22...

And no on the S&W

On the M&P 15-22....we'll have to see how the state decides to interpret that one.... will it be an M&P-15, or will it be a distinct model....?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Page 40, line 1225 describes assault rifles as "centerfire" and its underlined meaning it's a change. It seems as though there are no rimfire assault rifles unless they have threaded barrels etc. At least that's my interpretation but I've been wrong a few hundred times in my life!  But if it has a mag that holds more than 10 rounds......
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got out of bed to say I think I was wrong because of the centerfire..God I really need something to help me sleep..Any buddy got Valium for ammo?
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Go for the Scotch instead of Valium...

Yeah, the language in this law is f'ed...
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Drinking moonshine and Stone Levitation ales..
Started too late...LOL
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:35:24 PM EDT
[#10]
My new puppy is sleeping on my pillows next to my wife...And is gonna go crazy when I go back to bed...16 week old 30lb Shepard/Border Collie..He is gonna be huge..
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Page 40, line 1225 describes assault rifles as "centerfire" and its underlined meaning it's a change. It seems as though there are no rimfire assault rifles unless they have threaded barrels etc. At least that's my interpretation but I've been wrong a few hundred times in my life!  But if it has a mag that holds more than 10 rounds......

I think this is legal. A threaded barrel and thumbhole stock on a Ruger 10/22.

I could be wrong, but I don't see the language for a rimfire. Plus it is not banned by name.

This is what I make of it......

3. any unlisted semi-automatic rifle or pistol that can accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of five specified features;

1. a folding or telescoping stock;

2. any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

3. a forward pistol grip;

4. a flash suppressor; or ???????

5. a grenade launcher or flare launcher.

Personally, I think I'll spend 140 bucks and change the stock, just to be safe.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#12]
It is fine the way it is all of the listed features apply to unnamed centerfire rifles.

[(A)] (i) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

Public Act No. 13-3
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be wrong, but I don't see the language for a rimfire. Plus it is not banned by name.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/500magnumnut/gun%20room/22night.jpg

3. any unlisted semi-automatic rifle or pistol that can accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of five specified features;

2. any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

Personally, I think I'll spend 140 bucks and change the stock, just to be safe.....

It's one feature not two
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No on the ar15 22...

And no on the S&W

i interpret this the same as the colt ar15 and sporter,

only about 6 months ago, the state said that colt ar15a2,3,4 and sporter2 were not ar15 or sporter, and were good to go.

a buddy of mine picked up, and transferred through delta arsenal, a preban colt sporter match target or whatever the model was. no problems at all

so to me, i would believe that the mp15/22 is good to go.

of  course i am not a lawyer, so take it with a grain of a salt
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#15]
We should all open carry pellet guns! That'll show em we won't tolerate any shit! (wait those are legal right?..I wouldn't want to piss them off)
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We should all open carry pellet guns! That'll show em we won't tolerate any shit! (wait those are legal right?..I wouldn't want to piss them off)

No those are not legal to carry, they are a "dangerous weapon" and like assault weapons you can only possess them in certain locations.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AHAHAH WINNING!!  that's an awesome rig there.  only thing that would make it better could be an integral suppressor.  i LIKE
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suddenly lust for a 10/22
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 5:30:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AHAHAH WINNING!!  that's an awesome rig there.  only thing that would make it better could be an integral suppressor.  i LIKE

OMG this is GREAT news! Now the squirrels will never know what hit em! ...and silly me, I thought things were getting bad
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's one feature not two

Yea, I ordered another stock for it. http://www.usariflestocks.com/10-22-Stocks/Ruger-10-22-Stocks-Explorer.html

It's a whole lot cheaper that $10,000 in legal fees.

I can't wait when they smooth over the language on this. Maybe in a few weeks the exact law will be up to view. I think this is the voted on bill.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#21]
SB 1160 was the bill that was voted on.  Public act 13-3 is the law.

This is the section that deals with firearms not specifically banned by name:

[(3)] (E) Any semiautomatic firearm [not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection] regardless of whether such firearm is listed in subparagraphs (A) to (D), inclusive, of this subdivision, and regardless of the date such firearm was produced, that meets the following criteria:

After that what you have are the criteria for three separate types of semi-auto firearms:
A.Semi-auto centerfire rifles
B.Semi-auto handguns
C.Semi-auto shotguns

A: covers semiautomatic centerfire rifles with detachable magazines and one of 5 listed features
or semi-auto rifles with fixed 10+ magazines
or semi auto centerfire rifles less than 30 inches.

B Semiauto pistols any caliber
-seperate list of several banned features

C Semi auto shotguns
- have their own list of banned features
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I found it on line. Thank you.

I'm reviewing it for the language of a pre ban. Last weeks law was legal if made before 93, todays law is not, or is it? I'm searching.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm reviewing it for the language of a pre ban. Last weeks law was legal if made before 93, todays law is not, or is it? I'm searching.....

from what i understand, you cant buy any AR15 in classic form, including prebans. if you do buy a preban receiver, it has to be built according to new law
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are talking a rifle chambered in rimfire then any/all features are good to go.  There is no list of evil features for Rimfire Rifles
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG this is GREAT news! Now the squirrels will never know what hit em! ...and silly me, I thought things were getting bad

Silencers are unlawful to hunt with
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about self defense? Sometimes those black squirrels can gang up on ya.

hahaha
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are talking a rifle chambered in rimfire then any/all features are good to go.  There is no list of evil features for Rimfire Rifles

im still learning the new law like everyone else. with that said......

since theres no evil features listed for 22 cal rifles, that means you could throw on a adjustable stock on any 22 rifle now? including postbans?

edit to add,   im only asking because all of us are so used to not being able to have an adjustable stock on anything unless its preban, including 22 rifles
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#28]
DO WANT

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Remember too that .22Mag or .17HMR is nothing to sneeze at... just a thought...
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Maybe we'll see some boutique rim fire caliber in the future..
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that 10/22 that I show with a threaded barrel is not required to be registered?

I dropped that thumb hole stock, just to be safe.

I don't see the language on rimfire rifles.

I have 7 to register now, that 10/22 will be #8 if it needs to be done....
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't make it for hunting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that 10/22 that I show with a threaded barrel is not required to be registered?

From what I can tell, a Rimfire CANNOT be an assault weapon.

Does this mean we get select-fire back on Rimfire MG's?

Norrel 10/22?
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Norrel 10/22?

Sweet! One less form to fill out!
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:00:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about self defense? Sometimes those black squirrels can gang up on ya.

hahaha

I thought we were supposed to be afraid of the grey ones that probe you and stuff

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#37]
So would one of these be good to go ?  Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Rifle 10/22 onversion

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#38]

i think most of us would say yes, those are good to go
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

i think most of us would say yes, those are good to go

I hope this holds true, cause Im gonna buy the shit outta one of those!
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I thought we were supposed to be afraid of the grey ones that probe you and stuff

Thats racist!

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Norrel 10/22?

Select-fire would be a MG and run afoul of federal laws no?? I'm not up on MG laws....

There are a few new nice rimfire cartridges too.... time to investigate.

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Norrel 10/22?

Select-fire would be a MG and run afoul of federal laws no?? I'm not up on MG laws....

There are a few new nice rimfire cartridges too.... time to investigate.

There are plenty of legally-owned MG's out there.  Since the 93 CT AWB, CT bans select-fire MG's.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#43]

You convinced me ....that is the stock I am going with for my build.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You convinced me ....that is the stock I am going with for my build.

sweet

It should be on sale still.  20% off if you buy it direct from Troy.

It's pricey, but if you think about it, it is worth it.  The excellent folding iron sights are integrated, and I think that it comes with the pistol grip, stock, and it even takes QD sling swivels.  

Plus it is about half the weight of the nordic shell, which everyone admits is a heavy piggy.

Are you going with the sport or tactical version?    

http://troyind.com/%20/weapon-upgrades/chassis-packages/1022-t-22-chassis-upgrades/troy-chassis-t-22-sport

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top