Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 5:22:48 AM EST
Anyone make it to the Cedar Rapids gun show? My son and I went Saturday morning, wasn't near as busy as previous shows, didn't see many guns get sold, however, ammo still seems to be at premium prices and still moving.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:51:38 PM EST
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=926570

Got this at the Cedar Rapids show
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:52:03 PM EST
Darn drill weekends... I flew over Cedar Rapids! Were there any dealers selling reloading supplies? I need more powder and components, I guess...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:48:18 PM EST
I was there working the IowaCarry booth. The show definitely had some really busy times and some slow times. The big reloading dealer had primers ($30/k) and power, I don't reload so I can't give much detail on them, but I know the more popular primer sizes sold out and he did steady business all weekend.
I didn't check prices on ammo. I am now recognizing certain guns that always show up at the same table at the same inflated price, years on end. Best comedy was a Yugo AK underfolder for over $1400, and a SCAR for $3500. There were a good number of reasonable prices on non-"obama scare" weapons, ie pistols and hunting rifles. Anything 'scary looking' seemed jacked up still.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:02:07 PM EST
I was talking to my coworker last night and I was like "oh shit that gun show we were waiting to go to was this weekend".
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:11:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By The_Reaper:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=926570

Got this at the Cedar Rapids show

Very very nice
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:19:46 AM EST
I ended up going on a group motorcycle ride and completely spaced it. Thats ok though I did not have the money but I still need to get a free float handguard from APEXODT. But since I live here I can get that at any time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:41:52 PM EST
Bob is still short on primers but actually had a few left on Saturday.Some of his prices have gone up a bit but still in line. He is a good guy and I know of no time that he has gouged and I have dealt with him for I don't even know how many years.

A lot of the prices were at typical levels. Some will give a little but not much. I saw one situation where the dealer would give a guy an additional $15 off the listed price for cash. Now that is a real deal!

Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top