Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 1:35:24 AM EDT
Yep, sad to say....Lone Palm Trading Post is closing their doors for good on the 27th of September. She has some inventory left, but won't ship it, as far as I know. She wants to sell in lots rather than onesy twosy stuff... I mean, her shop is still open for business and she'll sell stuff to you retail, but it would probably be best to make a cash offer for stuff in lots...

She has a lot of oddball ammo and a fair amount of normal stuff..No 9mm or .45..She also has reloading supplies like MUCHO powder and quite a few boxes of lead bullets...She only has a handfull of guns left..(seriously, only about 3 or 4)....And some holsters and mags (Very few)

So, if you have some cash and are willing to make her a reasonable offer on her stuff, and come pick it up, I am sure she would make a smokin deal...

Lone Palm Trading Post is the name of the business and Joan is the owner and she is open on Thu, Fri and Sat ONLY..But, her shop number has a recorder for messages... 520-836-3273..

I really hate to see a gun shop close...But, she is moving to Germany to be with her husband and I told her I would do what I could to help her.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up, I can always use more powder.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, that's the one..She sold that skull too...But, all the other stuff (fossils, rocks, indian jewelry, arrowheads, etc) is for sale as well, but I didn't think archeology or geology were on guys minds that hang out here so I didn't mention it

So, if anyone is interested in the above, give her a call..

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Heard about this from my brother.  Really sucks, best shop in CG.  Now the only place left there is Buck's, and that is not good.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Heard about this from my brother.  Really sucks, best shop in CG.  Now the only place left there is Buck's, and that is not good.

Yeah, Buck is just plain old weird to me...He charges $50 to bring in a gun (Like from an auction to use his FFL)..Joan didn't charge anything. She figured if she brought in the gun, she would sell ammo and everything else they needed....I still gave her some money for her troubles...

I did get a deal on a Savage .308 from Buck though..But that's the only firearm I have ever purchased or will purchase from him...I do get my black powder supplies from him, but that's it...

There is a pawn shop that is pretty good down the street from Lone Palm..They'll bring in a gun for $15...

Darn it! Someone loan me $50,000 so I can start a gun shop down here

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[snip]
Darn it! Someone loan me $50,000 so I can start a gun shop down here

I'm infor a joint venture with you, but you have to tell my parents that I am quitting college to open a gun store with some guy I met on the net, and using the college fund they gave me to do it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top