Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2011 10:52:57 AM EDT
It's been two years, let's have fun this new year!
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#1]

oooooooh......I want a Thompson!
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember you at your first one,  all giddy to shoot the uzi....  
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
We Usely have a great turn out for these things.  Lots of full auto to play with.  Just bring ammo, factory and brass cases.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen some vids on YouTube of other Full Auto shoots here in AZ in the past couple of years. Is this sort of thing open to pretty much anyone? I dont have any full auto firearms, but would be really cool to attend a day or so, to meet some people too, and be immersed in the experience. Not to mention see some classic firearms from WWI and WWII would pretty much make my day.

Any info on Where? Price to attend? Camp out overnight? Any official details?
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Come one come all (that know range rules). It's at the gun range out there. Actuall address to me is unknown. Bring your guns. Just cuz you don't have a full auto doesn't mean you can't shoot. Get there early to get a good spot. Only so many benches there. After that your going to need a table. I'm hoping to have my 50BMG by then. If not I hope the AR50 is there again.

Jon
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I live here in CG, I can check to make sure there isn't anything scheduled that weekend at the range.

Link Posted: 12/7/2011 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Bowling ball mortars ok'd again?  
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen some vids on YouTube of other Full Auto shoots here in AZ in the past couple of years. Is this sort of thing open to pretty much anyone? I dont have any full auto firearms, but would be really cool to attend a day or so, to meet some people too, and be immersed in the experience. Not to mention see some classic firearms from WWI and WWII would pretty much make my day.

Any info on Where? Price to attend? Camp out overnight? Any official details?

Offical details? HAHA!

Ok here is the plan, we get there at 7am when they open the gate set up.  Shoot till we are tired.  Im the one setting up the shoot and i dont have any full auto.  Most guys that attend will let you shot there stuff.

Link to the google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS435US435&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=city+of+casa+grande+rifle+range&fb=1&gl=us&hq=rifle+range&hnear=0x872a567f774a2d69:0x60c32efe69f161a7,Casa+Grande,+AZ&ei=_VbgTrLXJ6W3sQKFsbS_Bg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAYQtgM&iwloc=cids:12072312297821233468

for me it's pin letter "B".

IDK if there is camping.  

Can some one stop by and see if the city still does a  port a potty?  Or are we going to have to rent one again?

OH "Price", Bring a ice chest full of sodas and share?
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I dont care what you bring, just point the damn thing at the big mountain down range, at not straight up!

Link Posted: 12/7/2011 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I live here in CG, I can check to make sure there isn't anything scheduled that weekend at the range.

please do!  i dont think they reserve it out do they?
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Is anybody bringing out a 50BMG again? I just got 10 rounds of ammo that a friend got from a store and was not able to shoot them. I was trying to pick up a BA50 before the shoot but I ran out of time.

Jon
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this going to be at the CG range off I-8 & Trekkel road? I can't see the map on my phone.
If so they do have a port a potty, but it smells like complete shit and you will probably get some kind of jungle fever if you dare go in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is this going to be at the CG range off I-8 & Trekkel road? I can't see the map on my phone.
If so they do have a port a potty, but it smells like complete shit and you will probably get some kind of jungle fever if you dare go in.

YES
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you can reserve it or parts of it. It isn't cheap and more importantly you need to have a sizeable insurance policy which is what becomes cost prohibitive.  A few years back we looked into it and when it was all said and done it was going to be around 1K to rent the main bay.

There generally is a port-o-potty there, time of year dictates if I would go within 10 feet of it. It is cold now so it shouldn't be bad. I am unsure of the cycle which they use to clean it out. I run into the guy sometimes who locks it up and such with the city on days I try to squeeze in range time after work and before sunset which can't happen this time of year, but if I catch him in the next few weeks I will see about getting the P-O-P cleaned out.

If you aren't familar with the range, there is a large main bay roughly 300-325 yards deep, it has a double berm. It has maybe 10 concrete benches and is covered, the other half of the main bay is a concrete slab but great for pop-ups and is fairly large. There are several side bays that range in depth from 50 to 150 yards.  Most group shoots I have done we try to take over the main large bay.

I have never shot a 50BMG but would love too. I have had the privledge to play with many full-autos but never the luck of a 50BMG, maybe I can get lucky. If someone is bringing one and would allow me to shoot it and buy the ammo from them to do it, that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you can reserve it or parts of it. It isn't cheap and more importantly you need to have a sizeable insurance policy which is what becomes cost prohibitive.  A few years back we looked into it and when it was all said and done it was going to be around 1K to rent the main bay.

There generally is a port-o-potty there, time of year dictates if I would go within 10 feet of it. It is cold now so it shouldn't be bad. I am unsure of the cycle which they use to clean it out. I run into the guy sometimes who locks it up and such with the city on days I try to squeeze in range time after work and before sunset which can't happen this time of year, but if I catch him in the next few weeks I will see about getting the P-O-P cleaned out.

If you aren't familar with the range, there is a large main bay roughly 300-325 yards deep, it has a double berm. It has maybe 10 concrete benches and is covered, the other half of the main bay is a concrete slab but great for pop-ups and is fairly large. There are several side bays that range in depth from 50 to 150 yards.  Most group shoots I have done we try to take over the main large bay.

I have never shot a 50BMG but would love too. I have had the privledge to play with many full-autos but never the luck of a 50BMG, maybe I can get lucky. If someone is bringing one and would allow me to shoot it and buy the ammo from them to do it, that would be awesome.

thanks for the work put in to this!  

I will just get there at 7am, im not doing a 1M ins policy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#16]
300yds has always seemed debatable to me. Also, be sure to bring your own targets/stands.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I will put it on my calender to be there, but if a job pops up, I have to take the work when I can get it.  Work has been pretty scarce lately.  I am a General Contractor, by the way, but I will take any smaller job I can get.  Also, I am directly on the other side of the mountain from the range in CG, so I agree with mjrowley,  keep the shots down and not over the mountain.

I have a .50BMG, but, alas, it is "only" a single shot Model 99.  If you are still wanting to shoot it, you can buy the ammo from me or bring your own.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont care what you bring, just point the damn thing at the big mountain down range, at not straight up!

LoL
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have a .50BMG, but, alas, it is "only" a single shot Model 99.  If you are still wanting to shoot it, you can buy the ammo from me or bring your own.

Please bring it! I got some Hornaday Vmax that needs to be shot.
I'm trying to get my Desert Eagle .50AE before the shoot but it will be close. We shall see

Jon
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#20]
If anyone has a BAR, I have some HXP tracer I could bring.

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will put it on my calender to be there, but if a job pops up, I have to take the work when I can get it.  Work has been pretty scarce lately.  I am a General Contractor, by the way, but I will take any smaller job I can get.  Also, I am directly on the other side of the mountain from the range in CG, so I agree with mjrowley,  keep the shots down and not over the mountain.

Hey, I don't care if it is a single shot, I would just like to shoot it.  I would love to some day be able to own a Barret 50bmg. I will definitely buy some ammo a take a few pops with it, thanks for the offer.

Link Posted: 12/9/2011 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know someone that has a full auto BAR, ill put a call in...
Link Posted: 12/10/2011 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Call someone with a SAW too.  I have a bunch of M856 also.

This was at a Michigan HTF shoot a couple of Memorial Days Ago.  

Link Posted: 12/10/2011 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Call someone with a SAW too.  I have a bunch of M856 also.

This was at a Michigan HTF shoot a couple of Memorial Days Ago.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yih-RtG2oF4

I know dealer that has a SAW, I am trying to get him to come out. Last one of these I went to in CG there was a browning 1919 and some big ass tri-pod mounted beast, but it was a BLAST to shoot. That was 3-4 years ago though. He also had a transferable full auto Ruger 10/22 it was mad fun too.

Link Posted: 12/11/2011 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I will be there and bring my M-16 that shoots 5.45x39 so bring some if you want to shoot it.  I will try and get my full auto glock done by then. I will bring my 300 blackout with a can some of my sbr 10/22's and my 10" 20ga sxs shotgun. Just bring ammo if you want to shoot my stuff
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Iv invited Walt from CM enterprises down in Tucson.  He has a SAW.  Ill call his shop tomorow and SMS him to bring it.  Two years ago when he came he had a van fun toys.
Link Posted: 12/11/2011 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Two years ago when he came he had a van fun toys.

I remember that. That was very nice!

Jon
Link Posted: 12/12/2011 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two years ago when he came he had a van fun toys.

I remember that. That was very nice!

Jon

I just talked to him today.  There is a pretty good chance he wont beable to make it.  But keep your fingers crossed as the is a slight chance he can.
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#29]
BTT. Any more updates what's everyone bringing?
I'm goin to have my,
M4
Mossberg 930 12ga
Glock 22
Maybe my new Desert Eagle .50 if I can get it in time.

My buddy is bringing his 1911 and a few suppressors. .45 or jacketed .22 to shoot them.

Jon
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a manhole cover that I have moved three times.  I would like to set it out at 300 and try some of my .50 API on it.  I just need to fabricate some sort of stand that will hold it up with a forward cant and figure out how to get that heavy POS out there!
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a manhole cover that I have moved three times.  I would like to set it out at 300 and try some of my .50 API on it.  I just need to fabricate some sort of stand that will hold it up with a forward cant and figure out how to get that heavy POS out there!

If you want it at 300 yards why does cant matter? I understand if it was close but hell 300 yards? As far as getting it out there, got a dolly? If you have a pickup and a dolly build your stand at home, set it up and then wheel it out there. Just a thought.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#32]
bump as its this sat!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I called the city last week and asked about the port-o-john lady set it is supposed to be cleaned this week so that should be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys have fun. Drill weekend for me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#35]

I will be there with mjrowley at 0800-ish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Family stuff came up, I have to bow out, friend's dad passed from cancer so I have inherited a few extra kids until Sunday night. 4 girls under the age of 17, this sums it up

that does not include my wife, 2 dogs and a kitten which I am allergic too, weekend should be great!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks to all who showed up.

Major bummer about the lack of the Full Auto Stuff.

The guy with the most stuff is being aduited by the ATF and he has a "meeting" monday morning.  

We will plan another one, maybe to celebrate the 100 year centennial in feb?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top