Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 9:44:23 PM EDT
Is this legal ?  Is anypart of the Mountain off Limits when I am trying to get to the Resort ?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever you find out, just be damn sure you don't cross over to the California side.

Many of those resorts have a California side of the mountain, and a Nevada side of the mountain.

Watch your 6!

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Curious to know myself...like to snowboard there now and again. Isn't most of the area BLM territory?

Sad this year, only 16" of snow and three runs open @ $35! Two runs if you leave out the flat bunny hill.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Since when did the wilderness area governed by the BLM not allow firearms??

Someone better call NDOW and get rid of the hunting area too.

I am not 100% sure, but I have never seen any sign or regulation not allowing you to carry in the area.

Now the resort is private property and they can "try" and tell you what they want you to do or not to do.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't Mount Charleston Metro's area? I used to know a resident officer up there about 10 years ago.

I never had any problem carrying in my vehicle or on my person on Mount Chas. But then again it has been a while since I've been up there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, thanks for the scoop WP!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Isn't Mount Charleston Metro's area? I used to know a resident officer up there about 10 years ago.

I never had any problem carrying in my vehicle or on my person on Mount Chas. But then again it has been a while since I've been up there.

Depending on where your at in the Spring Mountains, Mt. Charleston is patrolled by Metro resident officers (Clark County land,residential areas), NHP troopers (the state highways up there),BLM Rangers (BLM land), and US Forest Service LEO's (USFS land,campgrounds,picnic areas,etc.)They all back each other up on calls.Generally if something like a missing hiker or disaster occurs up there, Metro would respond (i.e. Search and Rescue unit, Air Support, Etc.) regardless of where it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top