Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 6:11:38 PM EDT

Thank you for contacting me about the reauthorization of the federal
assault weapons ban.  I appreciate hearing your views on this matter.

As you know, in 1994, President Bill Clinton signed the Assault
Weapons Ban into law.  This law banned 19 specific weapons, as well as a
number of other weapons incorporating certain design characteristics,
including pistol grips, folding stocks, bayonet mounts, and flash
suppressors.  The law also prohibited the manufacture of semiautomatic
weapons that incorporate at least two of these military features and accept
a detachable magazine.  Unfortunately, this law is expired on September 13,

I am a cosponsor of the Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act
(S.1034), introduced by Senator Feinstein (D-CA) on May 8, 2003.  This bill
would reauthorize this critical piece of gun safety legislation.  If the
law is not reauthorized, the production of assault weapons in the U.S.
could legally resume.  Restarting the production of these weapons will
increase their number and availability, and I believe lead to an increase
in gun crimes committed with assault weapons.  Despite both the support of
President Bush and a bipartisan majority of the Senate, the House has not
yet taken any action to reauthorize the assault weapons ban.

Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,
Carl Levin

I think I'm going to have to bug him more then.His Email [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
How does this guy stay in office?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Unions and black churches....which is odd because he and his brother are the two biggest stereotype jews in the state and usually those groups don't mix. Pro Israel to the max at every freaking turn, but the Levin brothers hate America in general and American freedom in particular.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unions and black churches....which is odd because he and his brother are the two biggest stereotype jews in the state and usually those groups don't mix. Pro Israel to the max at every freaking turn, but the Levin brothers hate America in general and American freedom in particular.

As I have said before, I had the great DIS-pleasure of driving around/providing security for both of these SCUMSUCKING ASSHATS several years ago. In addition to what Happyshooter says above, let Me say that they look at You and I (And everyone else) as the dirtiest & lowest forms of life. They are two of the scummiest people I've ever had the Displeasure to be in close proximity to in My life. For some reason, in addition to the blacks and Unions, the Blue-hairs(Old farts) LOVE them. I just don't get it.....These guys are on par with Fineswine, Kennedy, Sheumer(sp?), and Waxman(sp?) and all of them keep getting re-elected, year after year.... WTF???

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Despite both the support of

I thought there wasn't enough support in the senate as well. Am I wrong or is he?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Not fit to run a hotdog stand!  We have NO representation in the Senate!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Despite both the support of

I thought there wasn't enough support in the senate as well. Am I wrong or is he?  

In March the Senate voted 52 to 48 (I believe) in FAVOR of adding an amendment to the lawful commerce in arms act that would have renewed the AWB for another 10 years. The lawful commerce in arms act was then defeated 90-9
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't like one bit what I read of his letter but you gotta hand it to him, he told ya were he stands.  Somewhat rare in politics these days.

I've been doing my part on voting against him and that dumbass Debbie.  You gents do your part too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]

In March the Senate voted 52 to 48 (I believe) in FAVOR of adding an amendment to the lawful commerce in arms act that would have renewed the AWB for another 10 years. The lawful commerce in arms act was then defeated 90-9

It is my understanding that many voted in favor of adding it because they knew it would kill the bill.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Not much better here, kind of a thanks but i dont respect your views as much as cops views

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me to express your disappointment with my recent vote regarding the assault weapons ban.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

I share your support for Second Amendment rights.  However, law enforcement agents across the state have made it clear to me that keeping guns such as uzis and semi-automatic machine guns off our streets will help make our communities safer.  Organizations such as the Police Officers Association of Michigan, which represents over 10,000 law enforcement officers, have asked that the assault weapons ban be renewed to keep our streets safer.  I respect the opinion of those who feel strongly in favor of assault weapons, however, I believe the judgment of trained experts from our law enforcement agencies provide a compelling argument to do what we can to protect our Second Amendment rights while keeping our neighborhoods and children safe from military-style weapons.

Again thank you for taking the time to contact me.  Please feel free
to do so whenever I may be of assistance to you or your family.  

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not much better here, kind of a thanks but i dont respect your views as much as cops views

Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me to express your disappointment with my recent vote regarding the assault weapons ban.  I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

I share your support for Second Amendment rights.  However, law enforcement agents across the state have made it clear to me that keeping guns such as uzis and semi-automatic machine guns off our streets will help make our communities safer.
Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

Semi-auotmatic Machine guns?!?!?!?

WTF?!? Over!

GOD I HATE F**KING KNOW NOTHING DEMORATS!!!

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes, the anti-gun Democrats can get disgusting.  I'm lucky to live in Dingell's district.  He's about as pro-gun as you can get.  VERY unusual for a Democrat.

Most anti-gun Democrats don't even know which end of the firearm the bullet exits from.   They're scared sheep.  Very sad.

Too many Democrats place money issues above basic freedoms.  Very short sighted and selfish.

In other words STUPID!  I mean - come on - "semi-automatic machine guns"?!  Kind of says it all doesn't it.  They want to live like herded sheep with guard dogs "protecting" them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't like one bit what I read of his letter but you gotta hand it to him, he told ya were he stands.  Somewhat rare in politics these days.

I've been doing my part on voting against him and that dumbass Debbie.  You gents do your part too.

Hey Lenin and Stab-ya-now...

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:42:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me to express your disappointment with my recent vote regarding the assault weapons ban. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

I share your support for Second Amendment rights. However, law enforcement agents across the state have made it clear to me that keeping guns such as uzis and semi-automatic machine guns off our streets will help make our communities safer. Organizations such as the Police Officers Association of Michigan, which represents over 10,000 law enforcement officers, have asked that the assault weapons ban be renewed to keep our streets safer. I respect the opinion of those who feel strongly in favor of assault weapons, however, I believe the judgment of trained experts from our law enforcement agencies provide a compelling argument to do what we can to protect our Second Amendment rights while keeping our neighborhoods and children safe from military-style weapons.

Again thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please feel free

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

For the CHILDREN you know
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm amazed...no wait, I'm not amazed. Nothing these fools do amazes me anymore. What I am is disgusted when I hear phrases like "Semi-automatic-machinegun. It seems to me that if these peckerheads actually cared about the issues, their constituancy, their oath, they would at the very least get a bit of education, and learn some of the nomenclature and terminology associated with the items they intend to regulate. It is an insult (not that they care) to use such terminology when talking to someone who knows the difference between their ass and their elbow.

Levin couldn't find his ass with both hands, a map, and GPS coordinates. Stabenow couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. Neither of them know enough about guns to be able to hit water from a boat.

Well, what Detriot wants, Michigan get, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thank you . . .

. . for contacting me to express your disappointment with my recent vote regarding the assault weapons ban. I appreciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

I share your support for Second Amendment rights. However, law enforcement agents across the state have made it clear to me that keeping guns such as uzis and semi-automatic machine guns off our streets will help make our communities safer. Organizations such as the Police Officers Association of Michigan, which represents over 10,000 law enforcement officers, have asked that the assault weapons ban be renewed to keep our streets safer. I respect the opinion of those who feel strongly in favor of assault weapons, however, I believe the judgment of trained experts from our law enforcement agencies provide a compelling argument to do what we can to protect our Second Amendment rights while keeping our neighborhoods and children safe from military-style weapons.

Again thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please feel free

Sincerely,
Debbie Stabenow
United States Senator

For the CHILDREN you know

So according to Stabyanow, she'll vote a certain way, cause she is told to by a bunch of cops? The majority probably don't know anything about how our Bill of Rights is suppose to work.

I would think, she'd want to vote a certain way, because that's the way it is in the Constitution and Bill of Rights! Not by the opinion of a bunch of bias, power hungry thugs, who won't support our rights, in favor of their own power domination.

AGGGGGHHHHHH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top