Come one Come all
There will be a carbine match this Saturday at the range in Eagle
Signup is at 0830, first rounds downrange at 0900.
We will be shooting 4 or 5 stages, including our longrange stage. We
now have three flash targets!!!!
One stage will be a pistol carbine tranistion. The rest will be
Bring at least 150 rounds of carbine ammo (Kurt, I'd bring more like
250 as we will be shooting some "longer shots" :) )and at least 25
We follow IDPA rules in general. What does this mean....
* holsters must be strong side and "vertical"
* Pistol must be IDPA approved
* Carbine: any defense oriented magazine fed carbine up to .308
(nothing larger.)Most people are shooting 16" or 20" barrel ar-15s,
there are a scattering of AKs and AR10s. Iron sights or optics
allowed. We all shoot in the same class.
* Carbine and pistol must be in a SAFE operating condition.
* For Carbines: any magazine capacity is allowed, bring more than one
as some scenarios will require mag changes.
* We follow IDPA mag change rules and all magazines (carbine mags can
be downloaded by 2 for reliability))must start at capacity.
* There will be NO shotgun stages this month.
* We run a cold range and expect everyone to operate and handle their
weapons in a safe manner or they will be asked to leave.
* This match is an informal practice of defensive carbine and pistol
skills. We do not crown a champion, but htere are bragging and
* No steel core or armor piercing ammo.
Taken from the West Houston IDPA group on Yahoo. I'm going to be there to shoot... thought y'all might be interested. http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/whidpa/?yguid=182093981
I don't have directions yet, but I'll post them when I get them.