Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 9:32:05 AM EDT
A couple weeks ago I got great news from my REAL job, a promotion, and today it finally became official(all the paperwork is complete). This promo brings a raise, my hours up to full time nearly doubling my income, more bennies, paid schooling and PERS(whether thats good or not remains to be seen). My schedule puts me home before 1545 daily as the office is about 2.1 miles from my doorstep.

Most of you may not have known but I work in the GIS (Geographic Informations Systems) field and have been building GIS databases and or mapping systems for the better part of the last 6 years. Started as AutoCad work in which I have 10+ years in. My current employer is a small irriagation company that also maintains 3 power generation plants. My new postion is a mix of my previous work and training as a Hydro Powerhouse technician. Basically the same program that the US army corp. uses to train its hydro elect techs. The job also comes on the heels of a 20 year power contract meaning at least a bit of job security. We are managed by a board of directors who also happen to be customers which makes our best interests, thiers as well! The boss here is better then you could ask for and the crew are all down to earth guys that really look out for eachother. My work at the gunshop was part time as the owner is a family friend. I will no longer be working at the shop and only doing gunshows with some wrenching on the side. The most important thing here is that Mrs Cape gets to stay home and only work part time if she chooses. God knows she deserves a break.

Anyway thought I would share with you all being that some here are kinda an extended family!
CH
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Congrats!

Lemme know when you need to hire a parts guy...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats man, that is awesome news.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool! Congrulations.

As a stake holder, all I have to say is get off the damn internet and back to work.

If the MRS's stops workin will you still be able to come out and play on the second Saturday of every month. I'm just wandering if I need to find another friend with marbles and time to play?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats.. can i have your 9mm AR upper Mr. Richman..?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.
This actually mean more time to play after I get the schedule down. Being home early everynight helps in a BIG way.  There is a rotating weekend that we get once every 5 weeks. It is only a few hours of actually work each day but you have to be on standby the entire time. Once its all scheduled out I will know which weekends are mine a year out at a time.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#7]
How YOU doin?

j/k congratulations Cape!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Big congrats, Cape!  Always good to see those we care about succeed!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
For those that haven't meet CAPE, that picture really does look like him.......bald, yellow, confused....yup, that's Cape.

CAPE_HUNTER: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN STAGS ARE NOT MIL-SPEC!?!?"

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
C- I am really happy for you, and the rest of your family. I am sure the girls will love seeing both of their parents more. Congrats!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations!

Its good to hear that real jobs are slowly starting to re-appear in Oregon - ives me hope for myself
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
For those that haven't meet CAPE, that picture really does look like him.......bald, yellow, confused....yup, that's Cape.

CAPE_HUNTER: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN STAGS ARE NOT MIL-SPEC!?!?"

img147.imageshack.us/img147/9344/cape2af.jpg

Hey, I aint bald
That pic is killing me!
Watchout! one wrong button and the west hills turns into lake front property!

Funny that is mentioned. We just ran thru a simulation of a breach of our damm. Basically, shit would get fucked up. Kinda goes without saying huh

I am hoping to add a few $$ to the gun fund. Then again, I think mrs cape will be adding a few more $$ to her yearly "Girls trip to vegas" fund
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#17]
You can still be apart of the boys trip to vegas..........
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats Cape.  Excellent field (GIS) you are in, too.  Still kicking myself in the caboose for not heading down the Civil/GIS path a few years back.  But oh no...at the time they made an offer I couldn't refuse in the HVAC/Mechanical world of AutoCAD.  Still pays the bills and allows the occasional toy purchases...but not as stable as civil/GIS has been.

Big plus when you finally get the hours and pay you know you've earned.  And the added Perk of actually being able to come home and spend DAYLIGHT quality time with your family...before bedtime...makes it all worth it.

Congrats again
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats, man!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Congradulations CH!  May the extra $$ provide you with Class III happiness!

Spambo
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Great news Cape!  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Funny that is mentioned. We just ran thru a simulation of a breach of our damm. Basically, shit would get fucked up. Kinda goes without saying huh

I sleep better knowing you guys are on the job.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#23]
isn't it wonderful when it all comes together. Congrats CH
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
So, does this mean that those fo you whom live DOWNSTREAM from CH could/would be flooded out if he pushed the wrong button????

Better be nice

Who else has visions of Homer at the Nuclear power plant?????

img147.imageshack.us/img147/9344/cape2af.jpg

No worries petagunner if Cape gets out of hand I have the ability to take out the John Day Dam.  

Patty
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats Cape.
For GIS, Have you seen this site? Oregon City One of the one of the few places I have seen use GIS up to even some of it's potential. It takes awhile to populate the date, but GIS has some potential to make some serious changes in the way that we view the world.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Congrats Cape.
For GIS, Have you seen this site? Oregon City One of the one of the few places I have seen use GIS up to even some of it's potential. It takes awhile to populate the date, but GIS has some potential to make some serious changes in the way that we view the world.

Agreed. That really is the tip of the iceburg. That is a great site and only a small portion of what you can do with it. From Mil uses to private sec, it really is limitless. I worked with Hood RIver county while building their GIS system.
Fun stuff come hunting season too!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Congrats

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats dude you deserve it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Congrats dude you deserve it.

Thanks sparky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top