Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 6:15:24 PM EDT
Who's currently got one?  Worth getting one for one or two rifles?  Need some help with a M38.

Not posted in the C&R forum because I need to talk FTF with one of you guys. Hopefully in NOVA.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a C&R and live in Portsmouth. If you get one, you'll buy more than a rifle or two. A CZ-52 is
almost a must. Getting a C&R is just a matter of putting in the paper work and waiting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You aren't kiddin'. Got my C&R thinking the same thing, just a few rifles. I have 16 guns in my book in two years. Just like patato chips "can't stop on just one" While that's true a C&R is well worth the money. You come along some nice deals and a C&R lets you jump on them without going through a dealer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
C&R here also from Portsmouth. First order from Brownell's paid for the C&R.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
C&R here also from Portsmouth. First order from Brownell's paid for the C&R.

Midway also gives the same discount to C&R holders as they do to other FFL's.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  Guess I will have to start the paperwork.  

Anyone got an M38 in the mean time?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Request for forms sent.  Just waiting for them to come in.  The wifey saw the prices of some of the M38's and 44's and was like sure you can get them.   What other trouble can I get in to other than some SKS's?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey!

Best $30.00 bucks you can spend...You hit it at a good time. With the expiration of the AWB there should be some additional goodies to be added to the (BATF&E) list. Just be ready to get down and dirty cleaning off that "cured" cosmoline. I would also suggest taking advantage of the various C&R forums here and on other boards. There's a wealth of information available that might save you some headaches down the road. Oh...start getting your list of dealers ready w/ an intro letter. You will be sending out an signed copy of your 03 FFL to the selected dealers so that they will have it on file for your first purchases (takes about a week once they receive it). Don't sign your license until you either make a lot of copies, or scan the license (unsigned) and keep it on a floppy. I find having it on floppy is a lot easier.

Have Fun!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:14:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I mailed off my C&R application less than a week ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:08:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I got mine this year.  It's worth it for just the Brownells, MidwayUSA and Wolff dealer discount.  Wolff gives 33% discount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey GotM4:

Whose giving the discount for Wolf? I need to jump on that one!

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey GotM4:

Just call them directly, they have you fax your C&R FFL to them and then from then on they'll give you the discount.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey GotM4:

Just call them directly, they have you fax your C&R FFL to them and then from then on they'll give you the discount.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top