Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:30:05 AM EDT
I finally received the C&R application forms from ATF last week (for some reason you can no longer download them from their website), and I have a couple of questions about filling it out. The last section (#14) is asking for my local CLEO's name and address, so my questions are:

1. Do I fill that information out myself, or do I have to take it to my local CLEO and have him/her fill it out?
2. Where can I find out who my local CLEO is? I'm in Collin County (Plano).

TIA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I finally received the C&R application forms from ATF last week (for some reason you can no longer download them from their website), and I have a couple of questions about filling it out. The last section (#14) is asking for my local CLEO's name and address, so my questions are:

1. Do I fill that information out myself, or do I have to take it to my local CLEO and have him/her fill it out?

TIA.

You can fill that part out yourself.  You should be able to find out the info on the City of Plano website.  The only local city that I know of that doesn't show the name of the chief and how to contact him/her/it on the city website is Mesquite.

Also, you will have to send the CLEO a copy of your application.  You only need to send a copy of the application and not one of the citizenship form.

mm
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

TIA.

You can fill it out yourself.  To determine who your CLEO is, if you called 911, which department would be sent to your home?  The head of that department is your CLEO.  They probably have a website with his name and the official mailing address.

ETA:  http://www.co.collin.tx.us/sheriff/index.jsp

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I could use the City CLEO name, or if it had to be the County CLEO. Also, I just mail them a copy of the application just as an FYI; I don't need to wait for their approval like with NFA stuff, correct?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]

3wks later. License in the mail.

Must have a different gub'ment clerk than we have out here.  Everyone in this neck of the woods has taken 90+ days.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
What is a "C&R"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is a "C&R"

Curio and relic.  Also known as a FFL 03.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is a "C&R"

It's a license giving the BATFE Carte Blanche to search your home.

That's right.  They can search your home, but they can't kill your dogs.  So, if you have more than 3 bags of dog food or one trip to the vet invested in them, it is worth getting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3wks later. License in the mail.

Must have a different gub'ment clerk than we have out here.  Everyone in this neck of the woods has taken 90+ days.

I got it back within a month. I thought that was kinda fast too. My CHL took waayyy longer than that.

Mine was about a month.  Applied mid December, got the license last week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top