Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:31:03 AM EDT
Yes, it is possible for a New Jersey resident to get a C&R FFL. Nothing can be shipped to me, which is a limitation, and I have to have a pistol permit for each handgun I may acquire, but the C&R lets me purchase C&R handguns across state lines, so long as I go to the seller.

Happy happy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
So you need to get long guns shipped to a 01ffl?  Hmm... is it worth it then?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
can you acuire a C & R MG34??
THEN IT WILL BE WORTH IT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, it is possible for a New Jersey resident to get a C&R FFL. Nothing can be shipped to me, which is a limitation, and I have to have a pistol permit for each handgun I may acquire, but the C&R lets me purchase C&R handguns across state lines, so long as I go to the seller.

Happy happy.

Is that a NJ specific stipulation
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I always thought you needed a state license to use a FFL in NJ.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
If you can't have any C&R weapons sent to your house, then what is the point in having one?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you can't have any C&R weapons sent to your house, then what is the point in having one?

I can still buy at dealer cost, simply I have to go to them.

Without a C&R, can only buy handguns from FFLs in my home state. Long guns from FFLs in other states, FFL or non-FFL in y own state.

With a C&R, can directly buy handguns from FFL or non-FFL in any state,  and long guns from FFL or non-FFL in any state, so long as the particular item is legal in NJ.

The New Jersey limitation is on shipping; nothing can be shipped. But I can go elsewhere. That's a big deal.

And the dealer pricing benefit, of course.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
call me thick but wahts the big deal,i just dont understand so you save on dealer cost but then pay for gas...And if you can only buy old handguns,and you still have to have pistol permit whats the difference..im not being rude i just dont understand..And why cant you have them shipped to you if you have a c+r license where would you have them shipped?Thanks....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:41:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Transfer fees at most NJ FFLs are about $50 + NICS. A few FFLs are less, but they're 50 miles from me regardless.

A C&R is for collecting old Curios and Relics. That is the point. Not everybody's thing, I know, but I like the old stuff.

New Jersey does not allow firearms to be shipped.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Transfer fees at most NJ FFLs are about $50 + NICS. A few FFLs are less, but they're 50 miles from me regardless.

A C&R is for collecting old Curios and Relics. That is the point. Not everybody's thing, I know, but I like the old stuff.

New Jersey does not allow firearms to be shipped. Until last year, NJ had actually stopped permitting C&R licenses, so this is a great step in the right direction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top