Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 1:33:25 PM EDT
I have a 17-round pistol magazine for sale on Gunbroker.com.  A fellow living in Burlington, Ont. wants to know if I will ship it to him.  Does anyone know if it is legal for me to do so?  Don't worry, I'm Googling my chubby little fingers off in search of my own answer but I'd sure appreciate any help you can give.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as the magazine is converted to hold no more then 10 rounds your good to go....

for example the glock highcaps get a pop rivet put in the back in one of the witness holes and it stops the follower which makes the magazine take no more then 10 rounds. competitive shooters love plugged hicaps because they are easier to load and usually the gun runs better with them then the perverted 10 rounders.

if your scared at all what I would do is plug the magazine higher up.... less then 10 rounds... stick a pop rivet in it at say the 5 round mark and you will be good to go, test load it and make sure the follower cannot jump the pop rivet as a final inspection.

as always if your uncomfortable dealing with something I would suggest just not selling it to them.... your choice as always.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#2]
If it were riveted it might be legal for the gun laws, but it would be illegal for you to send it unless you got all the proper import/export licenses.

Basically, unless you are interested in spending more money and time on that then you would get for the magazine, go for it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  It's as I suspected.  I told the prospective buyer it was a no-go.  Just FYI - I sent the RCMP an e-mail inquiry on this question a week ago and they have so far not responded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top