Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 10:21:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know you'd be asking for trouble, but I'm wondering what the law actually says about it.

(There is a reason I'm asking this and it doesn't involve me walking around with my ARs.  )

Look on the back of your CCW.

ARH

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]
At what bank would you like that bail money fund setup?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Book,

Let me know when you are going to do this.........since you will be in jail for a while, I can post some "for sale" ads.....hehe

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I know you'd be asking for trouble, but I'm wondering what the law actually says about it.

(There is a reason I'm asking this and it doesn't involve me walking around with my ARs.  )

The only faster way to get thrown in the slammer would be to hang a sign that said "F*** You Police!" around your neck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
i've done it.  a friend and i went for a ruck march from my house in lilburn, down cole dr., right into downtown lilburn, and back.  granted, we were stopped when we had gotten almost all the way back (we'd been about 2.5 of the 3 miles total) by lilburn police.  i had my AR slung in a tactical position over my chest, and my friend had his AK slung over his shoulder, muzzle down.  we were both wearing BDU's, and carrying full rucks (full of ammo cans, which were full of ammo).  the cops stopped us, and took our rifles to run the serials.  this is where i discovered how stupid some cops are about firearms.  when calling it in, one cop called my friend's AK and AK47, when it was in fact a SAR-1.  he also didn't know how to take the safety off so that he could rack the bolt and check the chamber.  one of them did know how to charge my rifle to ensure that it was clear.  the three cops told us that we'd have to get a ride back to my house in one of their cars, that we were scaring people.  they searched our packs a little (nothing serious, just opening up the top flap to peer inside).  now, admittedly, this was not all that smart, and could've ended up really bad if those cops had been a little jumpy or something.  and you know that we would've been portrayed a gun-crazy kids that were off to shoot up the school down the road.  

my advise is that you not draw attention to yourself in such a manner, having done it myself.  it's nothing really fantastically cool.  it is legal in GA, so long as you do not brandish your rifle (don't point it at anyone or act like you're going to shoot it in public).  however, like i said, it doesn't take much to excite some cops, and the media loves to spin those sorts of things against gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
There is probably a large difference in perception between a bunch of 18-20yo's marching ARs towards Spayberry HS in cammies to a bunch of 30-50yo FF's (fat-f****) carrying ARs in public.

If I saw an 18yo carrying an AR in public in cammies in my neighborhood I'd probably carry my glock in an SOB to go check out his rifle, but thats me. Most sheeple would call the police. But that's just here in the burbs.

BTW I did get the OK from the police to discharge my guns down by the creek on my property. They said they would likely have a visit, but there was nothing illegal about it. Haven't tried it out on the Copperheads yet : ).
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now, admittedly, this was not all that smart.

You think?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
"Can you legally carry a rifle in public?  "

If you are a CCW holder, I believe the answer is yes.  Pratically speaking, though,you are going to scare a bunch of soccer moms, and they are going to speed dial 911.

By public, I take that to mean not on a dove field or at a deer hunting area.  My idea of "public area" is city streets, not backwoods/boonies, off road and on foot.

Care to tell us where you plan your forced march?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll let someone else try it first.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#12]
And ten years ago, it was nothing to see a couple guys walking down the road with rifles. You just figured they were heading to or coming from a day of hunting. But I don't live downtown either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Ignore this post...testing. Hmmm, didn't work. Oh well...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Well if Kerry for some reason becomes President, I might be one of the first to try this out.  Come November if you see some blonde kid walking with ARs headed North know its me.  

Im just kidding (ATF)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top