Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2005 7:40:25 PM EDT
Hello fellow MD'ers...

I have been think about getting a C&R License, and was wondering if a Maryland citizen can obtain one? If so, what needs to be done to obtain one?

Thanks,

Landwarrior...
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, several of us Marylanders have one, myself included.  All you need to do is got to BATFE's website and order the C&R forms.  It should take a week or 2 to get them then just follow the instructions on them and I used the Cheif of Ploice for Baltimore Co. as my CLEO and in a few more weeks you get your first mailing saying you're approved and that another larger packet of info is enroute that has the bulk of the info about laws, procedures, and so on.  Good luck.  I got mine but because of trying to pay off some bills I haven't even used it yet, but deffinitely this year.

Ohh and welcome!

Hopefully you can make it to our next dinner, whenever that will be.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine last year. Got the forms from a BATF rep at the gun show in Upper Marlboro. Very nice lady. Your local CLEO only gets a copy for INFORMATIONAL purposes. They are not an approval/disappproval step. Got my C&R about 6-8 weeks later. I bought a Yugo SKS with it, nice rifle. Also, send signed copies to places like Brownell's for discount prices. Do not sign your original FFL. Make copies to sign and keep your original put away somewhere. Also you have to get a "bound book" for record keeping purposes. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
More MD C&R Questions:

If I would like to buy a C&R Handgun, does it have to be approved (listed on Maryland's Handgun Roster)? Also, can the pistol be shipped directly to me? Or does it have to go to a FFL and processed as a regular Maryland Handgun transfer (the standard paper work and wait period)?

And I have the same questions with regards to C&R "assault weapons".... do they have to be on the approved Maryland "assault weapon" list, and be shipped to a FFL to be processed as a regular transfer? Or can I have it shipped directly to me?

Thanks,

Landwarrior...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Letter from AAG Bowen on C&Rs
That should answer your questions.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Kharn,

Thanks!

Landwarrior...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top