Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2004 4:42:23 PM EDT
Im a resident in MD but very close to VA. I want to buy an AR with all the pre-ban goodies but i cannot because i am not 21 (im 20). Can i legally just get the AR transfered to a VA FFL dealer then just pick it up there?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:36:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2004 8:10:09 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:20:04 PM EDT
Up untill a couple of years ago one could.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:49:33 AM EDT
From y experience...VA state law says that an FFL holder/dealer must comply with VA, Federal, and the home state laws of a non-resident purchaser...So, if MD has a law that you don't get it until you are 21, then a VA dealer cannot sell to you.
Technically, a private sale is also regulated by the same rules, but harder to enforce.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:33:50 PM EDT
You could move over the creek and experience freedom and the right to own a rifle over the age of 18, in Virginia they do not treat you like a peasant under the crown rule.

Bring thy shillings to Virginia young man and rejoice your freedom from tyrannical decree.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:39:33 PM EDT
Well i go to school in MD so maybe after i graduate.
Top Top