Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 12:06:34 PM EDT
Im going to be in Little Rock for around two months starting next week. I need to fly in the fix some problems at my companies Little Rock location and it will take me at least two months to get things in the clear.

During that period I will need a place to stay. Im a little concerned about those extended stay executive type places. Ive gone to one before sight unseen and it was an absolute dump in a horrible area. I want to be in a nice area and not have to deal with people dealing crack and shooting heroin in the parking lot.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
what part of town is your co. in?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It's in Wakefield off I-30 and West 65th.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, you don't wanna stay in that area.  How much of a commute is acceptable for you, and will you have a regular 8-5 type schedule while you are here?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's a fairly new (2008) Comfort Inn near there (8115 Frenchman's Lane) and a few other choices, but that's not a very nice part of town. Not to say you'll get shanked in the parking lot, just not a lot going on in that area. The nicer hotels restaurants, shopping etc. are going to be closer to west Little Rock. If you do in fact want to stay closer to your work area, check with the La Quinta on I-30 ... 501-455-2300. It's about 10 minutes from where you'll be working.

In west Little Rock you might check out the Marriot Residence Inn on Shackelford 501 312-0200. If you're not crazy about that idea there are close to a dozen other hotels in that area.

Hth
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.

I dont mind a 20-30 minute commute if it keeps me in a nicer area. If I was only staying a week I wouldnt care but two months is a long time to be in a crappy area.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Call Turtle Creek Apartments or some of the other apartment complexes in nicer areas to see if they have any corporate apartments available for 2 months.  Seems to me that there are usually apartments that rent furnished apartments by the month.  Costs more, but would probably be worth it.  

Usually the rule that seems to work is to stay north of Markham.  Once you get west of Shackleford, you are pretty good in most areas as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I just checked the Residence Inn rate....$89 per night...jeez, thats over $5000 dollars for two months. Thats insane. Id be better off renting an apartment on a six month lease and walking away from the lease and paying it up front and walking away from the remaining balance.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
You might check places in Bryant to see what kind of rates they have.  It is a straight shot (maybe 15 miles) down I-30 to your work area and a decent place to be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Bryant or Benton....they're not too far from little rock, but I haven't been there for rush hour in a long time. Has the traffic gotten better or worse up there? Maybe you would even consider maumelle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I think there are a couple of places in the Col Glenn Rd at I-430 area that had banners offering weekly rates.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bryant or Benton....they're not too far from little rock, but I haven't been there for rush hour in a long time. Has the traffic gotten better or worse up there? Maybe you would even consider maumelle.

Rush hour isn't horrible for the most part - barring what seems to be one of our daily wrecks lately - ever since they added the 3rd lane on I-30.  I would still go with Bryant over Benton, as that will put you closer in to Little Rock if you want to go hang out there and do anything over the weekend, and Benton doesn't really offer anything that Bryant doesn't.  Traffic in from Maumelle in the morning is typically worse than that coming in from Bryant based on my experience, so I wouldn't go that route.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the input guys.

The Turtle Creek apartments ended up being a great option, theyll let me do a 3 month lease but its not furnished. I dont mind an air matress but I wouldnt have anything else unless I did Rent a Center.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top