Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2007 4:46:20 PM EDT
Missouri? I just went to apply for the Kansas permit but they are going to make it hard and expensive. I was also told Kansas permits are not honored in Mo. Gotta find out for sure on that....  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, i believe you can get a MO permit, but as a missouri resident you cant get a KS permit. somebody will correct me if im wrong,
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to this site and enter the state you have question on;  http://www.packing.org/
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Missouri? I just went to apply for the Kansas permit but they are going to make it hard and expensive. I was also told Kansas permits are not honored in Mo. Gotta find out for sure on that....  Anyone know?

1.  Missouri recognizes/honors concealed carry permits/licenses from ALL other states.

2.  In order to get a Missouri concealed carry endorsement you must be a resident of the state of Missouri.  Owning property in Missouri does not make you a resident!  It MAY be possible to "slip through the cracks" and get a concealed carry endorsement from the Sheriff's Department in the Missouri county you own property in??  But, the Sheriff's Department is only going to give you a certificate that must be taken to a license bureau office (the places where you get a drivers license) --- and I think you'll definitely get "shot down" there!

Get your Kansas concealed carry permit/license and you'll be good to go in both Kansas and Missouri.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.  Missouri recognizes/honors concealed carry permits/licenses from ALL other states.

2.  In order to get a Missouri concealed carry endorsement you must be a resident of the state of Missouri.  Owning property in Missouri does not make you a resident!  It MAY be possible to "slip through the cracks" and get a concealed carry endorsement from the Sheriff's Department in the Missouri county you own property in??  But, the Sheriff's Department is only going to give you a certificate that must be taken to a license bureau office (the places where you get a drivers license) --- and I think you'll definitely get "shot down" there!

Get your Kansas concealed carry permit/license and you'll be good to go in both Kansas and Missouri.  

If you try to get a permit here by "slipping through the cracks", and are issued one.  They WILL catch their mistake, come find you, and take you to jail.  It has already happened in St. charles.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I've found the information. One of the reasons I was looking to get a Mo permit was because of the way I got treated when I went to apply here. The lady at the window seemed nice until i asked for the application. I felt like I stepped into hostile territory...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I've found the information. One of the reasons I was looking to get a Mo permit was because of the way I got treated when I went to apply here. The lady at the window seemed nice until i asked for the application. I felt like I stepped into hostile territory...
You ARE in hostile territory....you live in kansas!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
So MO does NOT issue non-resident permits??? it sounds like my first post was incorrect
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you try to get a permit here by "slipping through the cracks", and are issued one.  They WILL catch their mistake, come find you, and take you to jail.  It has already happened in St. charles.

I seriously doubt that a Kansas resident would get away with "slipping through the cracks" at the Sheriff's Department level --- but, hey! --- ANYTHING is possible, right?  Even if they DID manage to get an endorsement certificate from the Sheriff's office it wouldn't be worth much until they went and got their "REAL" concealed carry endorsement on a MISSOURI Drivers License or MISSOURI Non-Driver Identification card.  Again, that might be possible for a Kansas resident to do, but not very likely.  

Oh, well ---- we're both telling him the same thing.  DON'T TRY THIS!!

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So MO does NOT issue non-resident permits??? it sounds like my first post was incorrect

Missouri honors permits/licenses from ALL other states.  But, you MUST be a Missouri resident to get a Missouri concealed carry endorsement.

[Edited for clarification]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok Thanks.

You're welcome!  Come visit me at my shop sometime!!

www.MooreOutdoors.biz
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I most deffinatly will, i still have the directions printed out on my night stand, waiting for a day that me and my friend get the same day off!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I most deffinatly will, i still have the directions printed out on my night stand, waiting for a day that me and my friend get the same day off!!!

Cool!

Please call me before you make a trip over --- I'm NOT always there and my "help" isn't really all that much help!  The business is still very young, and definitely a "one man show"!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top